Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Conversion Challenge

I asked my mom for the zucchini bread recipe that I loved as a kid. My intention is to convert this to a low carb zucchini bread which rivals the original.

Mom's recipe:

Zucchini Bread:
Beat 4 eggs until foamy,. Add 2 cups sugar, 1 TBS. Vanilla, 1 cup oil, 2 cups grated zucchini and 3/4 cups honey. Mix well
Add 3 cups flour, 1 tsp. soda, 1 TBS. cinnamon, 1 TBS. Baking powder and 1 tsp. salt. Also 11/2 cups nuts. Mix well. Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees.

I think it does better if you add liquid to solid ingredients.



My low carb attempt "on paper" is below. I haven't tried cooking this yet. Any better ideas are very welcome!!!

Zucchini Bread:

Beat 6 eggs until foamy
Add Splenda equivalent to 2 cups sugar
1 TBSP Vanilla
1 cup oil
2 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cups HoneyTree's Sugar Free Imitation honey http://www.low-carb.com/hosufrimho.html
Mix well

In a separate bowl:
3 cups almond meal
1 tsp. soda
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 TBSP baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups nuts.
Mix well

Combine both bowls ... it does better if you add liquid to solid ingredients.

Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...