Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Restaurant Dread

I'm having lunch with Matt today and he suggested Macaroni Grill. I'm off to the Macaroni Grill website to see what I'll be able to eat. I know the "grill" part of the name suggests I'll be able to find low carb items, and they have a section of the menu called Love of the Grill ... well, Amore De La Grill, but I also know they may baste the meat in honey or other carby no-no's.

THE RESEARCH (a few things that I might choose from and enjoy a small partial portion of)

18 carbs
Pollo Magro Skinny Chicken
grilled 6-oz. chicken breast on steamed spinach and topped with roasted tomatoes, onions and honey balsamic glaze


5 carbs
Mozzarella alla Caprese (3)
Imported buffalo mozzarella, vine-ripened tomatoes and basil with balsamic vinaigrette.

*update
I had the pollo magro (skinny chicken) and asked the waiter if the chef would mind grilling my chicken breast without the honey glaze. They didn't mind. I also had asparagus and that was brave because Cro told me how much he HATES asparagus. Guess what? I LOVE asparagus. Wow. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...