Sunday, August 3, 2008

The day of failed experiments.

X - Cocoa and almond meal 1 minute muffin - Way too dry.
X - Cream cheese, heavy cream, cocoa icing. - I used liquid stevia and eww I could really tell.
X - I ordered the loaded potato soup from Outback. Couldn't eat it after I found out the enormous amount of carbs.
X - I sprinkled a single pack of spenda on my steak, hoping for a caramelized grilled taste. - nope
X - Fluffy Biscuits ala the Healthy Indulgences blog. Mine were darker in color and heavy. Definitely not fluffy. I suppose my almond meal isn't as fluffy as the required almond flour.

[ 3g ] cream cheese
[ 0 ] pork rinds
-----
[ 2g ] dry icky chocolate 1-min. muffin
-----
[ 1g ] steak and one pack of splenda
[ 2g ] 1/10 (one small biscuit) of my batch of (not)fluffy biscuits

=====TOTAL 8 carbs=====

2 comments:

  1. Hi October! Good to know about the soup at Outback. At least you can always go for one of their juicy steaks! :)

    What did you use for the biscuits--butter or shortening? Did you cut the fat into the almond flour then let it cool down in the fridge so it stayed nice and hard? Did you beat the eggs till they were a bit foamy? Sorry it didn't work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! I used butter (from a brick of unsalted hard as rocks butter) and I used almond meal instead of blanched almond flour. I did put the butter, almond meal etc mix in to the fridge while I beat the egg whites until foamy. I chalk it all up to my inexperience cooking and I'm sure I'll get better with more trial and error! Love your site and love your recipes!

    ~oct

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...