Saturday, August 16, 2008

Does anyone have info regarding Applebees and the possibility that they inject their steaks with a sugar solution? If it's true ... @#&^%(* ... yeah angry.

[ 3g ] cream cheese
[ 0 ] pork rinds
-----
[ 10g ] 7 ounces of new york strip steak from Applebees which I counted at 10g because I heard rumor that Applebees injects their steak with sugar. Plain steak should be 0 carbs and I hope the rumor isn't true
[ 2g ] small amount of steamed veggies (like 2 bites) from Applebees
-----
no dinner

=====TOTAL ? carbs=====

3 comments:

  1. After all the stuff I am finding in fast food meat it would not suprise me. Any way to stretch the food restaurants will do it seems. High Fructose Corn Syrup or bread or even just sugar seems to be in everything! Even the rubs on steaks or fajitas can be bad out sometimes. It is very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a post referencing what you were talking about with applebees.

    I called corporate Applebees, and they tell me that I need to call the local restraunt to ask them to look on the box of staeks for the ingredents. I call the local resturant, and they go look. Not only is sugar the 2nd ingredent ( beef being the first ) but they are injected with a dextrose solution too!!! I am so angry!!! angry at myself for blindly thinking that a steak is a stek...and applebees for shootingit full of sugar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it totally ruined the steak for me. i even imagined it tasted fake (or perhaps that is real in comparison to Outback Steakhouse, which has very good steaks). the posts complaining about sugar-injected steak were from 2005 ... so perhaps the company has been shamed into dropping that horrible technique. *grumble*

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...