Thursday, October 23, 2008

I made a bowl of nearly cheesecake (of sorts) for breakfast. I used 2carbs of cream cheese, nuked it for 10 seconds to make it softer, added a few drops of liquid stevia sweetener, 1carb packet of splenda, a tiny bit of real vanilla extract, a dash of salt (because i've been reading some chef blogs and they say even cake needs a dash of salt to enhance flavor), and bit of ReadyWhip. Stirred it all up and it tasted like cheesecake at a pudding consistency. Then I sliced one of those gorgeous strawberries and mixed it all together. Topped it with a small amount of ReadyWhip and it was 5carbs of heaven!

[ 5g ] crustless strawberry cheesecake
-----
[ 2.5g ] half a green pepper
[ 2g ] diced onion
[ 0 ] ground beef
[ 3 ] LC ice cream bar
-----
[ 5g ] LC chocolate almond ice cream bar
=====TOTAL 17.5 carbs=====

6 comments:

  1. I can explain the hunger pains. No matter how low in carb it is, if you don't eat protein and fat, you will get hungry. Besides I'd be starving on such a small amount of food anyway...giggle

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess that breakfast was super low protein ... but that was just breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey wait a minute ... i had cream cheese and whipped cream with that strawberry! that proteined and fatted it up real nice. Ah well, i don't get hungry like that much, so whatever the reason, i got over it at lunch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. bah, no ... you're right. THAT day i just ate strawberries plain. No protein and fat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is going to be the most comments i've ever had on a single post. and their mostly me! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I thought it said just a few berries. But the best thing about low carb is you learn so much about your body and your systems. I've learned to listen to my body. Something I couldn't learn on low fat because I was always hungry.
    Have a good weekend,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...