Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm super excited to post about this pizza which I refer to as "Indian Spiced Pizza with Daddy D Crust" ... yes, I put together creations from two of my favorite LC recipe bloggers.


Big Daddy D gets credit for the excellent pizza crust.
The Meticulous Gourmet gets credit for inspiring the toppings.

Thank you both for your invaluable contributions to the LC blogging community!

The crust is exactly Big Daddy D's recipe. The toppings I used are as follows:

1/2 an onion, chopped
several shakes of cumin
a few shakes of ground ginger
a few shakes of ground cardamom
a few shakes of coriander seeds
several shakes of cinnamon
a shake of salt
a shake of 5-spice

Heat a small amount of olive oil and sauté all of that until the onions are clear. Remove from heat and use the same skillet to brown a pound of ground sirloin. I shook another bit of all of the spices over the meat and mixed it in as it browned.

As that cooked I had the pizza crust from Big Daddy D's recipe mixed up, rolled out, and popped into a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.

Once the meat was done I mixed in the onions.
Once the crust was browned I layered it with a light bit of chunky LC salsa, then the meat, then some cheese. Popped it back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese and you can see the results above.

Big Daddy D has detailed the carb count for his crust at about 2.5 per eighth of a pizza. You'll have to add up the carb count of your toppings, but mine ended up making each slice about 7 carbs. I'm sure you can make it much less carbs if you choose to have less cheese and no onions (but they were gooood). One slice of that baby was filling!!

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm... your pizza looks delish!

    I made a LC McFatty this evening.

    Sooooooooooooooo good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza looks so good. I think I will give it a try on my next day off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how proud I was of that pizza. Cro seemed to think it was odd that I was so excited to take photos, but being the sweety that he is, he helped by taking a couple of photos himself and uploaded them to his iDisk for me to retrieve. Your LC McFatty made me give oopsy-rolls another attempt today. They didn't turn out crazy bad, but they still weren't that great. Maybe I'm baking them too long. Mine turn out with an annoying outer layer that flakes and crumbles off.

    I'm having the last of my pizza for breakfast tomorrow–maybe for lunch too!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...