Friday, October 3, 2008

Yesterday I had:

[ 5g ] 1 slice of LC bread
[ .5g ] cheese
[ .5g ] eggs
-----
[ 11g ] LC ice cream and LC peanut butter
-----
[ 0 ] steak-ums
[ 1g ] cheese
[ 4g ] peppers
[ 4g ] LC ice cream
=====TOTAL 26 carbs=====

And this morning I have gained 2 pounds. >_<
I had 26 carbs yesterday and I had 24 carbs the day before. I normally have 20 or less and lose slowly so I guess it's good to know that more than 23ish is above my limit. Isn't that crazy? I know of people who can eat 50+ carbs a day and still lose weight and have all the benefits of being on a low carb way of eating. But for me, if I eat not even 30 I seem to gain like I've gone off plan (and I haven't gone off plan!!!).

Ok, enough about how things aren't the same for everyone and how that isn't fair. I weigh everyday so I can catch these things before I've gone a week thinking all is well. I've caught it and I'm moving on.

I had a shot of rum yesterday at the cookout with the understanding that rum is 0 carbs. I looked it up this morning prompted by the gain and with a desire to get to the bottom of why it happened. That's when I found out that NOT ALL rum is 0 carbs. Spiced rum and flavored rum has more. I happened to have a shot of Captain Morgan's Private Stock which is approx 2.5 carbs per ounce. Not much, but with my low low limit I've gotta watch things like that!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I enjoy your blog soo much. You and I started about the same time, within days. I've lost alot. You look great! The 1st of Aug. I tried adding in some of the LC bread ect. Stopped me losing dead in my tracks. Went back to my norm and weight started coming off again.

    Just a tip. You DO look great! Do you think you want to lose more?

    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi back. :) What is your blog? I'll go visit. Congrats on your progress, alas I have at least another 50 pounds to go. More if I can manage it (and I'm sure I can, it's just difficult and takes time). I'm not horrible, but I want to finally be able to look in a mirror without criticizing.

    LC bread and ice cream don't seem to stop me (at least not at this time), but I have to be very careful of the daily amount of carbs I consume and not have too many at one meal ... especially not the evening meal. Things change with me lots though, so if I start stalling or gaining I tend to look suspiciously at anything that tastes even slightly good.

    Darn body.

    Thank you so much for commenting! Hearing from others who are also working toward losing weight really boosts my spirits and makes it seem less lonely in here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...