Monday, November 10, 2008

A guy who works the drive-thru at Boston Market (and at Hardees) found out that I was doing low carb several months ago. I was asking if they could sell more than just a "quarter" white chicken without me having to purchase two orders and without just buying a half chicken because I didn't want the dark meat. He was super helpful and let me know that yes, I could order a half chicken all white meat. Yay. He also would hold back the cornbread, knowing that I didn't want the temptation.

Ever since, whenever I would go through either drive-thru, he has been encouraging and asks me how much I've lost. What a sweet guy. I think he works 80 hours a week, half at Hardees and the other half at Boston Market.

Anyway, the Boston Market near my work closed. I don't go to Boston Market much now since it's further away. I've never gone to Hardees often.

To get this long story to it's point, I haven't been there in over a couple of months but I went tonight to pick up dinner for Cro and myself. The nice guy was there and he was taken aback by how much weight I've lost since he last saw me. He wanted to know how I was doing it. I wrote down the url to this blog and told him that it's all here. :) So maybe he'll be visiting and if so, "Thank you."

It's fun to see people noticing my efforts and great to meet people who are nice enough to go out of their way to give me encouragement.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Great motivation too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really truly wish someone would notice. But it's 30 lbs of almost 300 lbs so I can't say that it's worth noticing.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 pounds is a great accomplishment! People were telling me that they noticed by then, so I'll bet they notice for you too. The important thing is that you feel good about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that! What a fabulous story. I do hope he visits and leaves you nice Hi comment.
    Keep up the good work,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...