Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oct's Taste Test: Carbquick
I was shocked when I opened my box of LC goodies and saw how big the pack of Carbquick was. And then, digging through the packing peanuts I discovered that I'd ordered TWO big refill packs. Given that I now had a pantry full of this stuff, I had high hopes that it would not have an icky soy taste.

I needn't have worry about a soy taste since it apparently doesn't contain soy, it contains wheat. I have no idea how they made a low carb product out of wheat, but I can investigate that later ... on with the review!

This morning I made Carbquick pancakes. I'm not the best cook, I tend to rush, to try to flip things before they are set up solid enough to flip, to use heat just a little too high, to mess with it trying to see if it's ready, bad etc after etc. Given that, I take full blame for my pancake turning into a broken mess. However, it was a delicious mess. I am excited that I have two large packs of this stuff, that it's 3 carbs per serving in most recipes, and that there is a whole world of baking reopened to me. I can't wait to try the cheddar biscuit recipe, and a chicken pot pie. Oh lawd.

Funny thing is, I'm actually afraid/leery/suspicious of adding carbquick baking to my everyday routine ... I've done so well without much breads that I don't want to jinx it. We'll see how it goes.

If 1 is "barf!" and 10 is "Mmm Mmm Good!" ...
I rate this product 8.5

1 comment:

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...