Tuesday, December 30, 2008

80 Pounds Gone

I didn't think I was going to make it this time. I'm soooo happy. And on my anniversary too! The weight loss is obviously slowing so I won't berate myself if I can't keep up with the 10 pounds a month goal ... I knew it would eventually slow down. So, if I only make a five pound a month loss I will still be happy from now on (but I'm going to keep trying for ten!). It stinks that it's slowing down and yet it's also great that I've lost so much in so short a time. Yeah, in retrospect, 80 pounds lost in 7 months is a LOT to be thankful for. And all of you who have been supporting me ... I hope I'm giving back as much support as you give me because I don't know what I would do without you. (Jenn, come back ;))

Much love to you all.
~Oct

9 comments:

  1. Hooooooooooooly cow!!!!

    You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's awesome. I guess the 1 day eating light really worked. Maybe I'll give it a shot to jumpstart SOMETHING! Congratulations. 80 pounds is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I give full credit to Sadekat for motivating me to try an ultra ultra LC day. It was a tough day, but a great stall-breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's truly amazing. I can't in my wildest dreams (right now) imagine losing 80 pounds. I've actually got at least 100 pounds which should come off. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lisa. I'm ashamed that I needed to lose so much, and that I still have a good 65 pounds to go after losing so much. Eek. But hey, I've got to focus on what's ahead and on making things right again. Not on all the things I've bungled up in the past. :) If you ever feel like trying low carb, I can attest to the benefits ... more than just weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! I knew you could do it. With my yo-yoing that I have been doing, I think I am going to shoot for your 10 lbs a month weightloss goal. Starting Jan 1 of course. I read your post about the eliptical machine. I think that is a great goal to count revolutions instead of minutes. When I started walking a couple of years ago the treadmill I used showed laps instead of miles on one of its programs. I started with I think 4 or 5 laps and went up 1 lap every week. Worked out great. I miss that treadmill :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the elliptical is something I can keep up with each morning. I did feel happy when I finished my little bit this morning and I didn't do enough to overheat. It's very low impact and easier than a treadmill I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And good luck with 10 pounds a month! I'm sad that it's getting more difficult. I'll be looking for you to vlog about your progress.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...