Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Celebration Cheesecake


I made this not so pretty but very yummy cheesecake in expectation of Cro and my third anniversary, and in hopes that I would attain my December goal (which I did).

The original recipe is here. I changed it up and simplified it a bit given what ingredients I had on hand. It was still very good!

crust:
1 cup of pecan halves
1 drop of stevia per pecan
2 tbsp butter
- line up the pecans in bottom of pie plate, drop stevia onto each pecan, drop butter in 3ish places, bake at 375 for 10 minutes, remove from oven.

filling:
3 packs of cream cheese (soften it for a couple of minutes in the microwave)
1 1/4 tsp of liquid stevia
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of cream

blend well and pour over the pecans. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Chill in fridge overnight.
Total 41 carbs for the whole cake. (3.5 carbs per serving if cut into 12 pieces)

TODAY'S FOOD JOURNAL
[ 3.5g ] a slice of Celebration Cheesecake
-----
[ 0 ] steak-ums
[ 1.5g ] cheddar
[ 2g ] diced onion
-----
[ 3.5g ] a slice of Celebration Cheesecake
TOTAL 10.5 carbs

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We got married in the same year, we are 6 months ahead of you. yummm ... cheeeeeezzze cake. *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ... we decided to celebrate this weekend since all he feels like doing is sleeping off the pain meds right now. :) I ate his piece of cheesecake for him, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks DELISH! I'm gonna have to try it. Happy Anniversary! Hope he feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is delish, and i want another piece, but I have to wait until tomorrow. :) He is feeling better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm day dreaming of that cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha ... make one! it isn't too much hassle if I made it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks delish ! Do you blog everyday ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I'm sure I've missed a day here and there, but usually I blog more than once every day. I guess I'm just chatty.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...