Saturday, December 20, 2008

I messed around with blogger a bit and discovered the quick comments functionality. So now, if you don't have time to leave a message but want to let me know you are reading, there are a few checkboxes to choose from at the bottom of each post. I don't know how well this works, but we'll see. I chose a few quick options that I often want to say to other blogger's posts. Since space is limited I kept them very short: "Wow" "Hmm" "Oh no" and "Cheer!"

I need to spend at least half of the weekend working again. But oh boy, Wednesday starts Christmas break and I will be off work for, hmm, 12 days I think. I don't have any big plans other than reading technical manuals to expand my skills ... but it will be awesome to have some quiet time to focus on things that get pushed to the side while I'm putting out fires at work.

I will also be visiting family over the holiday. I plan to make a few low carb treats to take with me. So far the list includes:
* Brussels Sprouts browned in a light coating of olive oil
* an LC pound cake
* an LC pavlova
* one of Vikki's holiday recipes, though I haven't chosen which one yet
* Cro is going to make his cheddar biscuits, not LC, but a great favorite of my family


There will be plenty of low carb goodness for me to choose from, good enough that I doubt anyone would call it yucky diet food. :) That's one of the great things about LC. What we do eat is real food that can be enjoyed by anyone.

Cro and I will celebrate our third anniversary December 30th. :)

[ 0 ] chicken
[ 0 ] ham
[ 1g ] feta cheese
-----
[ 0 ] ground beef
[ 2g ] cheddar cheese and diced onion
[ 2g ] spices
-----
[ 5g ] LC cake (from Dixie Carb Counters ... not too bad, not YUM! but still good)
=====TOTAL 10 carbs=====

5 comments:

  1. Ok.. my computer is acting up... Trying again!

    Oct, did you know there is a low carb cheddar biscuit recipe on Linda's Low Carb? I found it last night!

    I'll put it here for you:
    CARBQUIK CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS
    2 cups Carbquik
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
    2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup water

    Toss the Carbquik with the garlic powder. Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender until it looks like coarse meal. Add the cheese. Very briefly and gently stir in the liquid just until the dough comes together. Do not overwork the dough. Drop by large mounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 450º 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

    These are best reheated in the oven or a toaster oven. I reheated mine in the toaster oven at about 300º for 4-5 minutes.

    Makes 12 biscuits
    Can be frozen

    Per Serving: 158 Calories; 15g Fat; 5g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs


    I hope that shows up ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that recipe looks very good. Thank you Donna :) I proposed that Cro could make them with Carbquik a few days ago and left it up to him, telling him that I'd have plenty of LC goodies so that if didn't want to make his biscuits LC, that it was completely okay with me.

    I noticed a new little box of Bisquick in the cupboard yesterday, so I'd say that's an indication that he'll be making the regular version. I'd say it's more about him wanting to impress my parents than anything else since he goes well out of his way to make LC recipes for me. :)

    I'm saving this one to try later! The recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great menu! Practically ideal I say. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    DH and I just celebrated (?) our 2nd anniversary. It's awesome!

    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary back at ya Jenn. Ooo, I love my hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...