Thursday, December 4, 2008

In a rush to get to work, and with nothing appealing for breakfast or lunch on hand other than cans of tuna, I took a chance and threw this together in 15 minutes flat.

I used to LOVE tuna patties when I was a kid. These came out tasting just like I remember even though I didn't use a bunch of smashed-up, buttery Ritz crackers.

I ate them plain, but I'm sure they would be great with sour cream or salsa, or whatever LC topper you can come up with. As a kid I ate them with ketchup. These would also be great with a bit of diced celery or onion mixed in.

----------

Oct's LC Tuna Patties
- 1 single serving can of tuna
- 1 egg
- a dash of Mrs. Dash onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- one crumbled up extra dry carbquik biscuit (see recipe below)
- variations (add in diced celery or diced onion to taste ... count the extra carbs)

Mix all that up well with a fork. Spray skillet so this won't stick. Use a couple of sandwich bags to keep your hands from getting gunky and form the mix into two patties. Brown on one side, flip, brown the other side until it's no longer mushy when you press it down. Plate and eat. Also great topped with sour cream or salsa.
Makes 2 patties approx 2 carbs each.
(0 for tuna, .6 for egg, 1.25 for cheddar, .25 for Mrs. Dash, 2g for biscuit)


----------

Oct's LC Extra Dry Carbquik Biscuits (great for bread crumbs)
* Pre-heat oven to 475 *
- 1 stick butter - melted
- 2 cups of Carbquik
- 2 TBSP sugar free Davinci French Vanilla Syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream

Mix all that up well, add a little more carbquik if too runny or a little water if too firm ... it should be a sticky but not runny consistency. Form into 8 mounds about 3/4 inch high, semi flat, but not pancake flat. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool. They should be very crumbly in texture.
Makes 8 biscuits less than 2 carbs each.
(0 for butter, 12 for Carbquik, 0 for syrup, 1.5 for heavy cream)

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    Sound yummy never thought of using carbquik biscuits as bread crumbs... hmmmm I use a mix of parmsan and crushed pork rinds (which I thought would be nasty but didn't turn out to be)
    Tuna patties rock!
    I hint I picked up on using Carbqik is to add a little vanilla, but with the DaVinci's I bet you don't need it and that would cut the carbs too... way cool!
    Take care,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I have had enough of you teasing me with your biscuits, and NOW you post the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOL

    I need to order some carbquik!

    I was planning on waiting until the new year, but heck what's a week or two early?

    Anything else you recommend fromt he low carb store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, keep in mind that was a failed recipe (way too dry) but great as bread crumbs. There are better recipes for use as biscuit (like the cheese biscuit recipe that tastes just like Red Lobster biscuits). More recommendations ... definately sugar free Davinci's French Vanilla, I can't believe how much I use this now. Stay away from the Dixie Carb Counters mac & cheese, I didn't care for it. I haven't tried anything else from my big order of LC stuff yet, other than the shiritake noodles. I don't think I'd order them again, but I still have another pack so maybe that one will convince me to get more.

    Vikki, having you praise my little recipe was like having a good word from Chef Ramsey. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...