Friday, December 12, 2008

Office Christmas party is today. They are bringing in a Qdoba buffet style, (oooh, and they have a great nutrition calculator!!! pick what you want and it adds it up) make your own thing. I should easily be able to LC that menu. We were supposed to bring a dessert, so after thinking of all the things I could make that are LC, I decided to try making coconut bark for the first time. Wow, this is a recipe that I will have to make more often! So good. It could have made it better by adding a bit more sweetener, but I like it just fine and hopefully everyone else will too. :)

Here is how I made mine:
[ 0 ] 4 tablespoons of coconut oil - melt it
[ 6g ] 2 TBSP LC peanut butter - mix it in the melted coconut oil
[ 1g ] 1.5 TBSP cacoa powder - mix it in the melted stuff
[ 0 ] 3 TBSP or to taste SF Davinci's French Vanilla syrup - add it to the melted stuff (ooh, it bubbles!)
[ 3g ] chopped walnuts - add it in

spread it thinly on a cookie sheet. pop it in the freezer for an hour. break it into pieces and serve it to your friends and co-workers. yum!

2 comments:

  1. Oh your recipe sounds good. I've never added peanut butter. I'll have to try it soon!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good, but rather strong. I might choose a milder flavored nut than walnuts next time and perhaps use one 1 TBSP cacoa instead of 1.5, oh, and use a bit more SF Davinci's. Let me know how yours turns out. It's fun experimenting to make something better when a friend is doing it too!

    ~oct

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...