Friday, December 5, 2008

A pair of jeans that I like to wear are fairly tight around the middle. I have to hop to get them on. They aren't disgustingly tight, they are just snug around the middle and feel good once I get them on, even if it does take some hopping. Every time I wear them I get comments about how much weight I've lost and questions regarding how I do it and what I eat. One guy that I work with even shook his head and proclaimed that he really wants to do Atkins again, but that he gets bored eating bacon and cheese all the time. I do try to show him what I'm having for lunch now and then and encourage him to look up LC recipes because he'll be surprised at how much is out there besides bacon and cheese (though those are good too!). But I only do this when he brings it up, which often coincides with my wearing those jeans.

Though the scale has not been moving for me this week, I noticed yesterday that my freshly-washed (and therefore should be extra snug) pair of ego-booster jeans were not hard to get on. I didn't have to hop to pull them up. I didn't think much about it after that, but this morning ... i lost another pound. Yay. I think it's cool that the jeans knew before the scale.

[ 3g ] LC ice cream bar
-----
[ 5g ] 2 tuna cakes and some cheese (wow, I'm stuffed)
-----
[ 1g ] radishes
[ 0 ] beef
[ 2g ] onions
[ 3g ] LC ice cream
[ 1g ] peanut butter
=====TOTAL _ carbs=====

3 comments:

  1. Good day, October.

    I'm just checking out your site for the first time. It's a really good looking site. A nice layout and interesting content.

    Quick question: Did you eat your radishes raw - with your dinner? That's the only way I've ever eaten them but it sounded like maybe they were part of the dish.

    Take care!

    PS - Does Jimmy have you on the side of his menu blog? I don't recall having seen your site there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's fantastic! Congratulations!!!

    ... clothes always know before those darn scales do ;)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erika, I feel more happiness toward the jeans than I do the scale too, but I just can't keep from looking at those numbers each morning. Darn thing.

    Oooh, another follower, welcome Harry. :) Cro boils the radishes in with the roast. They become tender like little red potatoes (and taste like them too since they soak up the beef juices). I'm not sure about Jimmy's menu blog, I don't think so. He added me to one of his "new blogs to read" posts back in July. I love reading his lists of bloggers and finding new people to check out.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...