Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Taking the coconut oil has gotten easier and I'm growing to like it. Sadekat gave a great tip saying to let it melt in your mouth rather than trying to chew it. That made it much much better!!! It isn't something that I look forward to, but I'm in it for the health benefits for sure. Oh, and I did get a sore throat after taking the coconut oil, not immediately but I have it now (about 30 minutes after I took the coconut) and hope it goes away soon. Very very odd. *Edit* I still have a bit of a sore throat so I don't think it's from the coconut oil. Hope I'm not getting sick! >.<

Cro made brussels sprouts last night, fried in a light coating of olive oil, and wow they were good. That's another thing I hated a year ago and have grown to love. Unfortunately I didn't realize they have that many carbs. 7 carbs (after substracting the fiber) for one cup. I probably had that many, though I didn't put them in a cup to measure. Maybe it was only half a cup, but I counted 7 just to be safe.

[ 0 ] coconut oil
[ 2g ] LC peanut butter
-----
[ 3g ] brussels sprouts
[ 0 ] turkey
-----
[ 3g ] brussels sprouts
[ 0 ] turkey
[ 5g ] LC ice cream bar
[ 1g ] LC peanut butter
=====TOTAL 14 carbs=====

2 comments:

  1. Howdy, October.

    I've recently started back up with coconut oil too.

    I don't mind the taste at all. The texture and oiliness is unusual. But, like you, I'm giving it a go for health reasons.

    I tried, a few times, to add the coconut oil to my morning coffee concoction but I didn't really care for it.

    Taking coconut oil by the spoon is now my preferred method.

    I hope it turns out to be worth the effort - for all of us!

    PS - So far, I believe it's helping me to manage my morning appetite. Part, if not all, of that is likely due to the fat content. I'm sure time will tell us more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry!

    I'm getting used to it too. Letting it melt and not trying to chew it was a great help (tip from Sadekat). It tastes just fine, it's the crisco-like texture that is super yuck.

    Hmm, I never thought about it helping with morning appetite due to the fat content. That's an added bonus though I'm more concerned with appetite after work. I take a spoon of CO both morning and evening so maybe it's helping with that too. Yay.

    So far I *think* my skin is less dry ... but it could just be that the weather has been less cold for the last two days.

    Thanks for commenting! I eat those up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...