Saturday, January 10, 2009

My inReal BFF and LC

I went to Matt's place last night for us to do our pre-planned late Christmas gift exchange. On the phone before I left, Matt said that he was preparing some low carb snacks for us. This guy doesn't have a bit of fat on his tall lanky body and he does not do LC so it just floored me that he not only remembered, but also was going to the trouble to make some low carb snacks for us to share. I'm used to finding something legal to eat in most situations, but it was just awesome to be catered to for a change!

How cool is that? :)

I arrived, was welcomed and invited to join Matt and John in the kitchen for some snacks before our gift exchange. Matt had put out several bowls of different types of cheeses, sliced meats such as salami and prosciutto (neither of us had tried prosciutto but we both found it to be very good), sunflower kernals, mixed nuts, celery and carrot sticks, sliced fruits (which he apologied for because he wasn't sure if I would want fruits, and banana chips. It was very good and I was still overwhelmed that he went to so much trouble. I did avoid the fruits and the banana chips, but there was plenty else to enjoy. John didn't care for the dried banana chips, but again, there was lots else to choose from.

Afterward Matt and I exchanged gifts then we all chatted, watched some old SCTV Christmas specials and admired the tree. I had a very good time and feel blessed to have such a great friend. (John is pretty swell too, lol). Matt and I have been friends for about 20 years now.

Jenn - Matt got 3 "Post Secrets" books for me and was very interested in them as was John. I put them on my amazon wishlist after you turned me on to them.

Sadekat - Matt and John are serious cat lovers too. They have a 12-year-old beautiful gray cat that is the baby of the house. They also have a recently adopted long-haired female cat that is known to get outside, climb up to the roof, and peer out with a devilish look until John coaxes her to come back down (or climbs up after her).

4 comments:

  1. :D Well, ya know...

    I <3 <3 <3 Post Secret! I'm soooo hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely evening, October. :)

    I'm happy to hear it was such a special evening.

    PS - I love prosciutto! But then again, I am Italian. I think it's mandatory that we love prosciutto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - I think Matt is hooked now too. I know I am :)

    Harry - I think prosciutto is delicious. :) I'm so glad we tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Oct,
    Good friends are the jewels in our crowns. I'm so very glad you have founds such a good friend, and so thoughtful too.
    Hugs,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...