Thursday, January 1, 2009

Nooooo ...


I tried to get a photo of my spoiled rotten cat to share with the other animal lover bloggers out there. Above is the result. He is almost 13 years old, he's a pound -humane society- kitty, I've had him since the time he was tiny tiny, and I call him Buddy, or Buddy Boy among other names of endearment or exasperation depending on what he's doing. That isn't his name, he has a lengthy name from Greek mythology. Buddy is what he is called the majority of the time and I think that is what counts.

In the photo he is striving to get a kitty treat that he oh so desperately wants. One of his cutest habits is saying "Noooo" (it really sounds like that and is enunciated as an extended howl of apparent misery) and then running like a crazy thing through each room of the house including downstairs and back up. I have no clue what that's all about since he'll do it apparently unprovoked when he's all by himself in the other room.

TODAY'S FOOD JOURNAL
[ 3.5g ] a slice of Celebration Cheesecake
-----
[ 5g ] half of the yellow bell pepper pictured above
[ 0 ] ground chuck
[ 2g ] onions and mushrooms
[ 1g ] cheese
-----
none
TOTAL 11.5 carbs

7 comments:

  1. The voices in his head... they say mean things to him!

    Cute kitty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are telling him to eat my flowers. Fight it buddy! You are a good kitty ... mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My critter does the run through the whole house thing too... For NO reason, especially at night. She also does closet caving at night. This is when she decides she must get up on the top shelf in the closet and somehow gets there, gets scared and cries until I wake up and rescue her... Cats.... what else can you say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny. mine would definitely build a kitty nest inside the closet if i left the door open, so i don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Oct!
    First off love the new look, it looks all new and fresh for the new year.
    Second cute kitty. I'm not a big pet person myself (losed a loved pet as a child I never got over exactly)maybe the NOOOO is I love you in kitty talk
    Third, pepper looks lish! What did you put in it? I use my old recipe and use chopped mushrooms to replace the rice. But I'm all about trying new recipes if you care to share.

    I hope your and your family had a wonderful Christmas and a safe and fun New Year.
    Hugs,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vikki ... I hope your Christmas was great and hope the upcoming year is even better than the last.

    The pepper was just ground chuck (on sale), spices (I did everything from a bit of chili powder, dried hot peppers, salt and pepper, a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg, cumin, onion Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, a capful of Torani Hazelnut syrup, tiny bit of maple extract and a capful of vanilla extract, to not sure what else ... I'll bet that was most of it ... this made the meat taste slightly sweet and it had a little zing to it) then about a 1/2 cup of diced onion, 12 button mushrooms marinaded in olive oil, and herbs (I buy it in the jar that way), browned all together. Then drained and cooled for a few minutes before I added 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, stuffed into peppers and baked at 350 for 45 minutes (cover them for the first half or more with foil so the filling and cheese doesn't burn. Hope that is readable but if not, let me know and I'll retype it as a post.

    *big smile* Vikki asked me for a recipe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha that's gorgeous!! My cats get the "mads" too, usually in the evenings. It just happens ;)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...