Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chocolate layered cheesecake

I wanted to try a recipe that brings a little bit of "nutella" flavor together with an LC cheesecake and so I worked up this (modified from a few other chocolate cheesecake recipes) and plan to give it a try. Those of you who know of my lack of baking skills might not want to try this until after I see how it turns out!!! You might make the dreaded Mr. Yuck face. lol

Update: This turned out SO GOOD!!! I can't believe that I'm the one who made it.

Chocolate layered cheesecake:

24 ounces cream cheese (24 carbs) ((2400 calories))
4 oz (4 squares) unsweetened bakers chocolate (16 carbs) ((560 calories))
4 TBSP cocoa (2 carbs) ((60 calories))
4 eggs (2.5 carbs) ((288 calories))
9 oz butter softened (0 carbs) ((1722 calories))
3/4 cup almond meal (6 carbs) ((540 calories))
1/2 cup splenda granular (8 carbs) ((0 calories))
liquid stevia to taste (0 carbs) ((0 calories))
1/4 cup SF hazelnut syrup (0 carbs) ((0 calories))
1/4 cup erythritol (0 carbs) ((6.8 calories))
tsp of vanilla extract (.5 carbs) ((12 calories)

16 servings (4 carbs)
((350 calories)) each



preheat oven to 320

In a bowl, add softened butter and 1/2 cup granulated splenda. Mix. Add 2 eggs (beat well after each one).

Melt chocolate, mix with cocoa, SF hazelnut syrup and erythritol, then combine into butter mixture. Add almond meal, mix well. Spread one third of mixture into baking dish (I sprayed baking dish with PAM first).

Next, beat cream cheese and stevia until smooth. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each. Add dash of vanilla extract. Spread cream cheese mixture over the existing layer of chocolate.

Spoon remaining chocolate mixture on top and swirl gently through the cream cheese.

Bake for 1 hour or until center sets. 16 servings (4 carbs each).

5 comments:

  1. ... looks delish!!! even more enticing @ only 4 carbs per serving ... lol ... I just recently learned of the wonders of stevia ... I may have to try this recipe ;) ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That looks mighty tasty. Congrats on the baking success! :) That's a good feeling ... making something delicious of your very own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madame - I only have the bitter tasting stevia ... but with the other two sweeteners I used, I can't even tell. If you make this, please let me know how it turns out.

    Harry - It was mighty tasty ... and I was mighty surprised, and happy. Cro even likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have every thing except the erythritol.
    Do you think I could substitute?
    My Hubby is a HUGE chocolate fan, so I'm sure he will LOVE this. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo. :) Here's a thread with some ideas for substitutions. Since I'm about the farthest thing you can get from a master baker, perhaps do a little more asking around. Let me know how yours turns out if you try it.

    http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/579238-erythritol-substitute.html

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...