Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A day much like any other. No loss this morning. No gain either. Holding steady. I've spend the whole morning on the phone getting quotes from interactive content developers. Before work I worked for an hour on an action plan for one of my project's next steps. Now I get to actually do something productive (alright, those things were all necessary, but aren't creating!)

I'm in one of those mysteriously odd dark moods today. It actually feels rather calming. Like floating on my back in a calm, dead sea at dusk. All sound is sharp and clear in the distance. My keystrokes are as the lap of water ripples.

I've finished everything I brought to eat today. The leftover steak was even better than what I had last night. A lot of leftovers are like that - even better reheated on the next day. One of the guys that I work with complains every time that he brings leftovers for lunch. He complains that he just had that last night. I guess I don't tire of good food that quickly. I've been known to happily eat the same thing night after night until it's gone. Especially meats that have slow cooked for hours. That kind of food never gets tiresome.

Breakfast - 11carb/275cal
[4 carb][200 cal] 2 TBSP peanut butter
[7 carb][57 cal] LC chocolate

Lunch - 21carb/400cal
[0 carb][160 calories] 2 oz leftover steak
[10 carbs][140 cal] 2 Lindt Lindor Truffles (60% Extra Dark)
[11 carb][100 cal] Reese's 100 calorie Peanut Butter wafer

Dinner - 6.5carb/678cal
[6.5 carbs][678 cal] big woven bacon burger (Cro made it and it was SO good)

TOTAL 38.5carb/1353cal

6 comments:

  1. That is an intereting mood.

    I've found that most men don't like to eat the same things that close together. But, I'm like you, if it's something good I'll just eat it day after day until it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right, Deborah. Cro always apologizes to me when he reheats left-overs for dinner. I always tell him there is no need to apologize and that I like left-overs. He doesn't seem to think I'm being sincere I guess. But I do like left-overs! Silly guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess there are exceptions to every rule. My wife prefers a more varied menu more than I do.

    I actually find a pretty steady diet to be comforting. Having something different from time to time is swell too. But I don't seem to need that very often.

    I hope your dark mood was manageable today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe people who are watching their weight find more comfort in the familiar because it's easier to predict results. I don't know but i've always (even before I was fat) enjoyed eating the same type of food or even left-overs frequently. In fact, I would get stuck on a favorite and want it every day or every week at least until months later I would be tired of it and move on to a new favorite. Padd Thai was one of those (no wonder I got fat, I really love comfort foods and sweet things).

    Dark mood was fine. I just did the backstroke until things lightened up. It was a very introspective feeling.

    How are things going with you? Have things been better lately or are you doing the backstroke through dark waters too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Introspection is a good thing. :)

    Actually, I've been feeling kind of disordered in my head. Not very peaceful or in control. But today's a new day. I can turn things around at any time. I have to continually remind myself of that.

    I think my new (planned) exercise routine will help. There's a lot of good research that suggests that regular exercise helps to promote a healthier mind (via improved brain chemistry). We shall if that's the case for me.

    I hope you have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the feeling of introspection even though it started out as a bad day, the more I was alone with my thoughts the more I liked what was in there. :)

    Who posted the Dr. Seuss motivational quote yesterday? It was an LC blogger I'm certain.

    It is a good quote:
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”

    I like this one too:

    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.”

    So start climbing that mountain, Harry. :) Yes, I've also read about exercise being good for the brain. I think it's true. It's certainly a boost to the mood.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...