Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"To me, horses and freedom are synonymous."

I suppose I can talk about my elliptical strider. I've been using that machine nearly every day in 10 minute bursts. Some days I have used it morning and evening, so that is 20 minutes of cardio split between two sessions. I feel great about this and am thrilled with my success. Keep in mind that I despaired of even being able to walk without great struggle and a limp not too long ago. Being able to use the elliptical several days in a row has been awesome.

Several months from now–maybe next fall–I would love to be small enough, and strong enough, to ride a horse again. I know mom would love the company and I would feel like a normal person again. :)

ALL the EATs and DRINKs:
[4 carbs][350 cal] LC chocolate cheesecake
-----
For lunch: nearly empty jar of PB and two plastic spoons (not for sharing, i just might not want it all at once).
[3 carbs][200 cal] Two TBSP Smart Balance peanut butter
-----
[10 carbs][750 calories] chili (black soybeans, Newmans medium salsa, diced onions, ground beef, sprinkled with shredded cheese)

diet drinks:
(1) 12oz Diet Rite PURE ZERO tangerine (sweetened with Splenda)
(5) 12oz Diet BIG RED (sweetened with Splenda)

supplements:
I don't take these daily as I should. When I do take them it's a multi-vitamin, curcumin and B6

TOTAL 17 carbs & 1300 calories


Follow-up paragraph (this is were I either grumble about the day, how hungry I am, or express relief that it's evening).

Here goes. :) I've eaten my limit for the day, i could definitely eat some more but i wont, and YAY it's evening, it's storming (I love the sound of the rain and wind) and American Idol AND Ghost Hunters are on tonight. The day wasn't bad at all. Loads of work, some challenges that were overcome and which left a nice sense of satisfaction, lots and lots of work coming in the future. Good day overall.

6 comments:

  1. Good job on the eliptical!! Keep up the good work and you'll be "back in the saddle" before you now it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ... thank you Deborah. To be back in the saddle will be somewhat like reclaiming my youth. I sure miss my horse, Buster (he was born on our farm when I was 13 so that would make him rather old or perhaps even under the flowers by now).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been on a horse... but it's always been a dream of mine to ride one!

    My mom's, too. So our goal together, is that as soon as we're under 200lbs, we're going to find someplace to go horseback riding! I can't wait! Maybe you'll have some good beginners advice for us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, beginner's advice. Just keep in mind that it's an animal who has feelings, fears, and reacts to how you are reacting. So even though it will likely be very exciting, don't hoot and holler because the horse will think "what the heck!??". Act calm and he will feel more confidence in you. It's their natural instinct to get rid of threats that jump on their back, so just introduce yourself before you get on and don't act like a threat once you are there. :) But ... don't worry, most places that offer trail rides have very seasoned animals that have seen it all and aren't shocked by anything. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had another sleeping pill dream last night. I was trying to ride a horse and couldn't get my fat butt up in the saddle. I miss riding too.

    Way to go on the exercise front!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I gave up riding. My butt had just a bit too much padding, which made me ride higher in the saddle and just didn't feel secure. My butt has to be much smaller before I try it again. I don't want to feel like I could fly off with every move of the horse. :( Plus, I'm super self-conscious that people might be laughing and pointing behind my back and saying that my butt is as big as the horse's butt. >.< Never happened to my knowledge, but I didn't ride when I became fat.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...