Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thanks to Sadekat and Chai I have hope that this stall is going to let me go soon. Sadekat for her diet throwdown challenge and Chai for inspiring me to start tracking calories for awhile. I feel hunger pangs every day and am consuming less calories than needed for my body to lose weight. I'm also keeping my intake very low carb, 20 give or take a few (usually less than 20, but today it looks like it will be 24). If I don't lose a pound or two within another week of doing this I'll be very surprised. It's very enlightening to be spending this week tracking calories as well as carbohydrates. Knowlege is a good good thing.

ALL the EATs and DRINKs:
[4 carb][350 cal] LC cheesecake
-----
[3 carb][200 cal] 2T. PB
[7 carb][57 cal] One piece of >
I'm counting all sugar alcohol as real carbs and only having one piece rather than three as the serving size dictates. I find it funny - funny sad, not funny haha, that displayed in large type on the side of the box is "SWEETENED WITH SPLENDA". I view this as a form of deception targeted to those who don't read the nutrition label. Sure, Splenda is in there, but the nutrition label also lists Maltitol, Sorbitol, Acesulfame and Erythritol. Anyway, to carry on the tradition of small print I will write some more and say that I'm not going to subtract any sugar alcohols, I'll count them as carbs since they potentially will act like carbs. If they don't then great, if they do I've counted them so they won't have the power to mess me up!
-----
[10 carb][750 calories] chili (black soybeans, Newmans medium salsa, diced onions, ground beef, sprinkled with shredded cheese)

diet drinks:
(2) 12oz Diet Rite PURE ZERO tangerine (sweetened with Splenda)
(3) 12oz Diet BIG RED (sweetened with Splenda)

TOTAL 24 carb & 1357 calories


Tune in later (can you tune a blog?) to see how my day went.
* I nearly caved and had something more at lunch ... but NO. I didn't allow myself to to it. Not even that can of tuna sitting in my desk drawer. I REALLY want to start losing again.

4 comments:

  1. Don't know if you saw it or not but on Biggest Loser this week Bob told one of the contestants that he wasn't eating enough calores to lose weight and specifically carbs. The boy adjusted his carb intake and lost a lot of weight.

    I think that we all have to find what works for us, but I've found that if I have more carbs in my diet than I did in the beginning of this weight loss I lose weight when I've been stalled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debora, you just might be right regarding how to break a stall. If I don't start losing soon perhaps I will up my carbs to 40 or 50. Now that I think about it, Chai did up her carbs as she is cutting calories and exercising more. I'm going to finish out this week at least and then evaluate and move on to the next step if things don't change. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good going, Oct!

    I don't know what your weight will do. But I do know that you're putting in the hard work. And if this current diet doesn't work out ... then you'll still have the satisfaction of knowing that you gave it your all. You'll also go into any future challenges knowing that you have the determination and strength to stick with any diet plan you decide on.

    PS - Why you'd have to go and make me find my magnifying glass? :) Don't feel too bad. Finding my magnifying glass gave me a good excuse to dig up my bubble pipe and my Sherlock Holmes cap too. One without the other two just doesn't seem right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Harry, I'm confident that the stall will release me at some point. I'll keep trying until it does. Remember to drink your Ovaltine! (Spy ring from the movie "The Christmas Story" reference.)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...