Monday, February 16, 2009

The week in PREview

Sadekat's challenge is over. I hope you got what you were after and maybe share points of interest.

As I move into the new week, and new strategy of less than 50 carbs, less than 1500 calories I find myself nervous about what results I will or won't see. I'll do it faithfully for the next week and evaluate next weekend. I am very hopeful that it will be a long-term solution, but am completely prepared to go back to 20carbs, 1500cal if needed next week.

In preparation for this week's change, I worked out my limits and foods for breakfast and lunch, budgeting enough for whatever options dinner presents. Cro and I both know my low carb style well enough that I'm sure dinner will fit into the space I'm leaving for it. I made a trip to Walgreens yesterday to pick up several "100 calorie pack" food options that were moderately low in carbs. This should make it easier to add a few more carbs to my lunches while keeping calories low.

I also picked up some fruit in the form of baby food. Odd? Probably. But the ingredients look to be fairly simple, no added sugar, and pre-packaged in a manner that I don't have to guess on amounts/counts. Today I brought pears in an applesauce consistency. :) I'm looking forward to having a small amount of fruit back in my diet.

---
It's been quite the day. I was slightly hungry for most of it and am now pleasantly stuffed with the stuffed pepper I had for dinner. I ended the day having eaten 38.5 carbs and 1387 calories. I wonder what tomorrow's meeting with the scale will bring. No Whammies!!!

ALL the EATs
Breakfast -
[4 carb][350 cal] LC cheesecake
[7 carb][57 cal] LC chocolate
Lunch -
[ 8 carb][ 40 cal] 2.5oz Gerber Pears
[2.5carb][210cal ] Leftover half of a stuffed pepper
[11 carb][100 cal] Reese's 100 calorie Peanut Butter wafer
Dinner -
[6 carbs][630 cal] stuffed pepper
THIS DAY'S TOTAL IS 38.5 carbs & 1387 calories

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on cutting back on the carbs this week.

    They are my downfall. I've had to adjust my other intake to allow the carbs because I never feel full and eat way too much when I cut them out or down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes Deborah. :)

    I'm actually increasing carbs this week. I've been on a 20 carb or less way of eating for over 8 months. I just started a low calorie diet and have gotten a lot of advice saying that I should increase my carbs a bit if I want to continue low calorie. So this will be the first week of trying that out. I'm very very hopeful that it gives good results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're planning this out really well, Oct. That's a big part of success, IMO.

    Here's hoping this shift in your diet will produce eggsellent results! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Mr. Burns' voice is in my head. If I don't get eggs-ellent results I will Release the Hounds!

    Thanks Harry, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's some stigma in eating baby food that's completely unfounded. People just assign taboos to things without even knowing why. The truth is baby food is just pureed fruits and vegetables and water. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen a stigma display itself, I just thought hmm, I'm blogging about eating baby food, people may think I'm odd. :) This isn't the first time I've bought baby food for me. It was on sale and looked appealing (from a no additives point of view). It was also yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when I saw the baby food pic on my dashboard, I thought for sure you had some news to tell us! last time I tried baby food it was pretty blah, how were the pears?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm, NO BABIES! They're cute and all but they aren't for me.

    The pears were good and the serving was small (baby-sized) so that was a good thing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a cooking show of the Food Network this past weekend that featured baby food in it. It was a cupcake recipe called "Baby Cakes". Get it? :)

    The judges, on the show, loved the recipe! It looked great but was decidedly un-LC. :(

    I eat lots of carbs with my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, I love cooking shows as well. And am learning to appreciate just the smell of good food, even if it's something I won't eat.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...