Thursday, March 19, 2009

I saw Watchmen last night after work with Matt. It was lots of fun to go see a movie mid-week but I got home at 10pm (normally my bed time) so didn't end up going to bed until 11. Since I get up at 4 that leaves me a little bit sleepy this morning.

I had a handful of movie popcorn for dinner. Since I absolutely love popcorn you'd think this would have been an extra special treat. Really it didn't effect me in that way. It wasn't bad, but after I'd eaten a little bit I realized it wasn't as good as I remember. Maybe my tastes have changed? Maybe it was inferior compared to other popcorn? Or maybe I just taste the responsibility along with the food? Deep thoughts eh.

Breakfast - 17carb/340cal
[3carb][190cal] peanut butter
[14carb][150cal] ExtendBar

Lunch - 21carb/360cal
[3carb][50cal] half an LC tortilla
[3carb][190cal] peanut butter
[15carb][120cal] bar of some sort

Dinner - 10carb/371cal remaining
[0 carb][320 carb] 6 oz steak
[10 carb][51 cal ] brussels sprouts

TOTAL 48carb/1071cal

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the movie popcorn. I just don't think its as good as it used to be.

    What did you think of the movie? I knew nothing about it and since I can't take my son to it (he's 13) I'm probably going to have to wait until it comes out on On Demand or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about popcorn lately. Kettle corn though. Maybe this summer at a fair I will get a handful sample that the vendors always give away to tempt passers-by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know my tastes have certainly changed. I think that, in part, it has to do with the psychological component that you touched on.

    In general, if you avoid something that you're "addicted to" for awhile, I think our bodies normalize. Then we react differently to them if we just try them from time to time. I'm sure there's a whole biochemical process involved in the equation.

    I'm glad you seemed to like Watchmen fairly well.

    5 hours of sleep isn't much. Do you feel rested when you normally get 6 hours?

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...