Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm at work super early again today. Again. Cro is sick and I feel bad that I carried it home when it has only effected me mildly.

I guess we are going to hire another "me" to help out with all of this work. I wish they would just offer the real me a second job. I could handle coming in at 4am everyday and leaving at 7pm. That would be an extra 30 hours M-F and they wouldn't have to pay benefits for an extra person. I'd want a boost in pay of course, but that would be a good deal for both me and the company. I doubt they'd go for it however. There is probably a law against not paying overtime or something. I might bring it up sometime soon anyway.
Breakfast - 4carb/200cal
[4carb][200cal ] peanut butter

Lunch - 10carb/580cal
[0 carb][320 carb] 6 oz steak
[0carb][160cal ] pork rinds
[10carb][100cal] peanut butter cup

Dinner - 10carb/371cal
[3carb][450cal ] 3 kosher beef franks
[10 carb][51 cal ] brussels sprouts

TOTAL 24carb/1151cal

4 comments:

  1. Seems like some companies are really dense when it comes to saving themselves money. (Hense all this government bail out.)

    But just figured out that you'd be spending 16 hours there, whew. That's a long day, gal. Maybe they're afraid you'd burn out really soon and they'd be left high and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already spend 11 hours a day at work, but maybe they are smarter to let me keep doing so on my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oct,

    Is there any downside to you mentioning your proposal (for working more hours)? If not, I'd encourage you to bring it up - sooner rather than later. It might be good to plant that idea in the "higher ups" heads prior to them investing too much time and money in looking for someone else to fill the position. Just a thought.

    I hope Cro feels better soon. Enjoy your weekend and some good sleep! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did email the team this morning and proposed that idea with reassurance that I could happily handle it. My supervisor felt that I would get burnt out and he didn't want to do that to me, so it's a no go. Ah well.

    Thanks for the well-wishes Harry. I hope Cro feels better for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...