Thursday, April 23, 2009

The big client loved my work which was presented yesterday. I got praise from several people at our office. Best comment from the client was that they had been experiencing a very bad Wednesday and that the work presented ended the day on a great note. Nice to be appreciated. :)
They had no requested revisions at this time but are going to gather their committee internally to discuss soon. From how well the work was received it isn't expected that their requested revisions will be too major.

I'm going in early again this morning ... tons more to do to keep the other projects on schedule.

So far this week of work, two 15 hour days and yesterday was 13 (felt like vacation to get to leave after only 13 hours). :P

The lawn people stealth-mowed it again yesterday. Grrr, I want to do it myself from now on! Ah well, I'll call them again today, take care of the new bill and be sure that they have the rest of the year canceled. I'm sure we'll still take the new mower for it's maiden voyage, even if the grass isn't high enough to need it.

*update:
ugh. I've been feeling so weepy and fragile for the past day and a half. I thank you all for your comments and support about dad, but I hope you understand if I don't reply right away. I read them and appreciate them very much, but I'm compelled to record these experiences so that I'll have them for myself later and not because I'm seeking an audience. Again, thank you so much for being there for me ... I just don't know if I can keep up with all the reciprocal comments right now. If you don't want to comment further on this please don't think anything of it. I know you are reading and that you care as evidenced by your great support so far. I'm not going to feel abandoned if you comment about it no further. I feel your good wishes there even if you only comment about the weather or about my lawn mower or about the dieting stuff or something silly to make me laugh. I myself always have a tough time trying to find the right words when I'm sending a sympathy note so please, feel off the hook, I'm going to keep up the chronicle regardless. :)

So yeah, I feel very weepy and I cry quietly and in private several times a day. I get headaches from crying so I've had one for quite a while. I keep saying I haven't given up hope but hope is growing more and more dim.

Mom told me that a few days ago dad seemed a bit better and had enough clarity to speak to her. If I told you this before, I'm sorry for the repeat. He knew her, called her name, then said he had been in another world and that he knew he was going to die. She said no, you aren't going to die, you need to get better and come home to me. Okay? She said he said ok, then was quiet.

- more later, I have a meeting -

- I'm back for a moment, work is jumping. :)

Anyway, thinking about dad saying that he had been in another world and had inside information that he was sure he was going to die ... that really got to me. That coupled with hearing him talk to "mom" (his mom) and talk to "papa" (his dad) as if he were in real conversation got to me. I'd never heard him refer to grandpa as "papa" before. Thinking about his revelation that he had been in an other world and him talking with people who are long dead ... got to me!

I spoke to mom over the phone several minutes ago (not about that) and she is still steadfast in both acceptance of what will be will be, and steadfast in her belief that he is healing and could possibly recover, given time. I hope hope hope he recovers. :)

Breakfast - 3carb/190cal
[3carb][190cal ] peanut butter

Lunch - 13.5carb/480cal
[1.5carb][240cal ] 3 slices of colby jack on:
[12carb][70cal ] 2 slices of LC bread
[3carb][170cal] Atkins bar

Dinner - 3carb/512cal
plan to have:
[0carb][500cal ] roast beef
[2.5carb][8cal ] 8 radishes
[.5carb][4cal ] small amount of onion


TOTAL 19.5carb/1182cal

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the well done project. It's a nice feeling to have your hard work pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news on the job front. stealth lawn care? who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks NewVision. :) It is a nice feeling.

    Carlos - I suppose you would like to wake up in the morning and find that you have been stealth-clean-shaven too? No, that's creepier than stealth-lawn-mowing. I just wish they hadn't stealt-billed me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eggsellent news about how your work was received. May it continue on like this ... but with much shorter hours!

    Ninja mowers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ninja mowers ... that would be fun to see! :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...