Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dad is still in hospital. Still suffering from delirium. Mom said his eyes were brighter today, not so clouded over, and that he is eating better. He had an entire bowl of cream of wheat and 8oz of prune juice this morning. That is a great relief because mom said he was majorly sedated and not eating yesterday. He has to be spoon fed still, but even a 1% improvement is encouraging to see. He will speak sometimes when spoken to. He usually says "I love you" in response to the same. Mom asked him if he knew who Tracy is. He started looking all around the room as if searching for me. Mom asked if Tracy is his daughter and he said "Yes". Then mom told him that I'm not there right now but that I love him. She told me that later he was saying over and over "I know I'm going to die" and she told him no, that he was going to get better because she needed him to come home. She said "Okay?" and he replied "Okay". When they move him or roll him over he will call out my name or mom's name and tell us to help him and to not let the nurses hurt him. I told her to keep talking to him, telling him the time periodically, reminding him that he is in the hospital, tell him the nurse's name and the names of anyone who comes in the room. I think helping him to relate to the real world might help him come out of the delirium sooner.

Thank you to everyone who is saying prayers and sending good thoughts. It means a lot to me.

Cro and I bought our lawn mower yesterday. It's to be delivered Tuesday along with the cart. We didn't get ground cover. Maybe next weekend. I wanted to get something called "Winter Creeper" but Cro read that it's an invasive plant in Indiana and recommended that we get something else. I just want something that will grow quickly, not choke the hedges next to it, not get too high (maybe 2' at the highest) and not climb the house. :) I guess I have too many demands. Lowes has a big stock of Periwinkle, but I need to read more to see if it is a climber or a tree-choker.

I've been trying to keep my mind on having a relaxing weekend. This coming week of work is going to be a hell week of course. I'm getting a little tired of all the over-scheduling of my time, but after this week maybe things will get back to normal.

Breakfast - 6carb/290cal
[3carb][190cal ] pb
[0carb][100cal ] bacon

Lunch - 13carb/220cal
[12carb][70cal ] 2 slices LC bread
[1carb][120cal ] 2 slices cheese
[0carb][30cal ] LC ice cream pops

Dinner - 13carb/600cal
plan to have:
[13carb][600cal] ground beef, onions, mushrooms, cheese, yellow bell pepper

TOTAL 32carb/1110cal

2 comments:

  1. More prayers coming your way.

    Please let us know if we can somehow make things not so horrible.

    [hugs] all around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harry, reading your kind words and knowing that you are praying for him is a great help. *hugs* Friendship is an awesome thing and I value it greatly. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...