Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I did well by taking the eating off of automatic setting and actually thinking about things again. I don't think I made any huge changes other than mentally. It was good to be present and in control rather than relying on 10-months of ingrained habits. (Sure, good habits, but still I turned into a diet zombie last week with all of the hours I was working.)

So, today I'm having a 1-minute flax muffin for breakfast. These aren't peanut butter by any means, but they aren't bad and are fairly quick to make (not as quick as grabbing a spoon of peanut butter, lol). It's good to have a little change though.

I watched American Idol last night. I'll be very surprised if Adam doesn't win. He's my fav anyway. Kris is my second and Danny third. Do any of you watch it? Hell's Kitchen is the next fun thing to look forward to watching, then Thursday is Survivor. Funny but I normally fall asleep during the last part of whatever show is the star of the evening. It's a nice wind-down after a stressful day of work. Thank goodness for the DVR or I would never be able to follow vote-off shows.

Cro had a phone interview yesterday and is sooo hopeful that he'll get the job. I hope so too. He could really use the self-esteem boost and of course we would benefit from him working and adding a little more security to our financial situation. It's a job that will also allow him to use his creative side a bit. I don't want to jinx it by talking too much. Send him good thoughts if you will.

Oh, btw. Before I left for work this morning Cro said he thought he would shave his head. My reaction was disbelief and great desire to talk him out of it coupled with burning need to show support ... so I slowly said "Why do you want to do that?" He said that he just felt that he wanted to and that he thought it would help him stand out and get the job. Desire to talk him out of it kicked in and I replied that I really didn't think it was a good idea. Need to show support kicked in and I decided to shut up and just let him do what he wanted to do. That was about the moment when his "April Fool" emerged. LOL, he totally got me. Now if I find him with no hair when I get home tonight ... well I'll take a pic for you guys.

Breakfast - 3carb/235cal
[2.5carb][235cal ] 1-minute muffin (flax)

Lunch - 18carb/400cal
[0carb][80cal ] can of tuna
[15carb][130cal ] Fiber plus antioxidants bar
[3carb][190cal ] peanut butter

Dinner - 10carb/551cal
[0carb][500cal ] roast beef
[10 carb][51 cal ] brussels sprouts

TOTAL 31carb/1186cal

4 comments:

  1. Positive thoughts headed in Cro's direction. :-)

    My wife April Fooled me too - right as I was waking up and only semi-conscious! Wicked!

    It's good to shake up our diet from time to time. I think it makes our eating ritual more conscious. That's a good thing, I believe.

    I hope you have a good and productive day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harry. So what fool did you fall for? :) I hate April Fools day. I am too easily fooled! I guess it's better than Pie in the Face Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife woke me up with news that our apartment complex was undergoing another power outage. She had all the details down: the streets were full of repair trucks and they didn't know how long it would take to regain power. That little rascal even made sure to unplug the clock and turn off any electrical appliances in sight!

    Boy was I relieved when I found out is was only a joke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, that's good. I'll have to file that away for next year!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...