Friday, April 3, 2009

I was struck by vertigo (MS flare-up I suppose) yesterday morning. I didn't mention it yesterday because by the time I left for work it was gone. Yesterday evening it was back mildly. Last time this happened (I think it's only happened once before) I was able to chase it away with Benedril. We didn't have Benedril so I took an Alavert hoping it would do the trick, then went to bed. When I woke up this morning there was a new pack of Benedril along with a dark chocolate mini Easter bunny on my desk. We must have helper elves in the house. :) Vertigo and dizziness gone for now, so I'm off to fill up the gas tank and head to work.

Hurray for Friday! The weekend is looming. Tomorrow's sunny outlook should be great for getting some ground cover planted in the new hedge-less spot.

I'm very disappointed that the MS flared up. I was over the moon with happiness thinking that perhaps without aspartame the MS would never flare up again and perhaps the residual damage would heal over time. I'm certainly not going to start drinking aspartame again because I do know it is an instigator. I WILL heal over time. I'll heal due to determination and thinking happy thoughts. :)

OMG I'm sooo sleepy. Cro told me this morning that he couldn't find non-drowsy Benedril (it's been pulled because it contained ephedra) so he got the regular. I proclaimed that being drowsy is much better than having vertigo. Yes, I still think that but ... zzz ... I'm so zzsl ... zzsleepy! ... zzz

*update* It's going to be a long long day. I've already eaten everything in my lunch other than the tuna. I ate half of the dark chocolate in an attempt to wake myself up (caffeine). I ate the other half of the chocolate because I couldn't get it off my mind. I ate the spoonful of peanut butter because what the hell. DOH. The rest of this day is certainly going to be an exercise in mental strength. It would have helped if I'd lost a pound this morning. I thought for sure that I would, but nope.

Breakfast - 3carb/190cal
[3carb][190cal ] peanut butter

Lunch - 23carb/453cal
[0carb][80cal ] can of tuna
[14carb][140cal ] dark chocolate Easter bunny
[3carb][190cal ] peanut butter
[6carb][43cal] fiber wafer

Dinner - 16carb/489cal
[6carb][438cal] Pork al Pastor
[10 carb][51 cal ] brussels sprouts

TOTAL 42carb/1132cal

2 comments:

  1. [Sending over mental strength via the 'net] Bam! :-)

    Hang in there, Oct! Keep your peepers on the weekend that's only hours away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ... I needed that. Thanks Harry. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...