Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm so glad it's Friday ... though this week has flown by. Probably because I can only stay awake for an hour or two when I get home. Sleep a few hours and then have to go in for another 13-15 hour day. Makes the whole week a blur of • work • drive home • eat • sleep • shower • drive to work • and do it over and over again.

I know this week hasn't been easy on Cro either. He probably feels rather lonely. Do guys get lonely and depressed when they don't get to see their significant others as much as they normally do? I know that some do ... probably all do ... some guys just don't show their feelings as much. That's why girls find it hard to read you sometimes, guys! I guess showing feelings gets you punched more than hiding them though. I'm very attuned to feelings but I find Cro hard to read ... his heart is not on his sleeve by any means. I'm not trying to change that, I just wish I had the secret of being able to read it. :)

At work early again today, and back to my original statement I'm so happy that it's Friday. I got enough accomplished this week that I don't think I'll have to worry about projects over the weekend. I hope the weekend goes slowly!

Oh, and I gained half a pound today. What's up with that?

*hospital news just for the record.
Called this morning at 6:20am and was told the nurse, Brad, was drawing labs and would call me back in half an hour.

Brad called back as they said he would. This nurse had a pleasant bed-phone-side manner and he instilled some confidence in me that dad is under good care at Evansville.

Brad says:
- Dad is resting quietly. They still have him sedated to calm him.
- Blood pressure is good
- His stomach is not digesting the tube feedings and they are investigating why. He said it could be a number of reasons and did not want to list them because I would then worry about the more serious possibilities.
- he listed medications that dad is still on: Phentinol, Serivex and Ativan (guessing on the spellings but I know the first is for pain and the last is an anti-anxiety drug to help keep him more calm. I wasn't able to find the second drug though I tried lots of spellings. He did tell me what it was for over the phone but I was making so many notes that I didn't get that one down before I forgot. I don't recall being alarmed when he told me so I'll just ask again next time I call.

I'm making so many notes regarding what they tell me and what he's being medicated with. There really hasn't been much change with dad, but Brad says that he is so sedated that it's impossible to tell whether the delirium has yet improved or if it's the same. As mom said yesterday, every day that he doesn't die is giving him more time to heal.

Breakfast - 3carb/190cal
[3carb][190cal ] peanut butter

Snack - 6carb/100cal
[6carb][100cal ] half a fiber bar

Lunch - 3carb/512cal
[0carb][500cal ] roast beef
[2.5carb][8cal ] 8 radishes
[.5carb][4cal ] small amount of onion

Dinner - 6carb/466cal
[3carb][450cal ] 3 Hebrew National kosher beef frank
[3carb][16cal ] diced onion

TOTAL 6carb/1268cal

(I'm learning that I need to stay closer to 1000cal a day or less if I want to lose weight - bummer)

1 comment:

  1. Try to get some much needed rest this weekend, Oct!

    I hope you and Cro have plenty of quality time together too!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...