Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'm still here. Dad is experiencing extreme delirium now, but we've been assured that he will come out of it. I don't really trust the word of those seeing him at the hospital. A different doctor will see him for about 5 minutes each day. We have to give each doctor his entire story or else it is just assumed that he is in the hospital for what they see in front of them, which is an elderly man with delirium. Yes, I'm very angry and very worried ... sleep deprived too. Cro and I left for the hospital at 8pm on Monday night after being up since 5am and me working the full day ... we arrived at the hospital and were up and awake for about 32 straight hours. We drove to mom and dad's house to sleep, then we spent the entire day at hospital so mom could sleep. She's back there now and Cro and I are back in Indy. I have an enormous amount of deadlined projects to try to catch up on and am getting ready for work now.

I'm at 185.5 now, not that another pound lost means much at all to me right now. I'll hopefully have a better update for you all soon.

Breakfast - 3carb/190cal
[xcarb][xcal ] pb

Lunch - 19carb/380cal
[3carb][190cal ] pb
[10carb][140cal ] half of an Atkins bar
[6carb][40cal ] mini rice cakes
[0carb][10cal ] sugarfree strawberry jello

Dinner - 6carb/466cal
[3 carb][450 cal] 3 Hebrew National kosher beef frank
[3 carb][16 cal] 1/4 cup diced onion

TOTAL 28carb/1036cal

5 comments:

  1. Hiya! I'm sorry about your dad's care, but I'm pulling for him too. I'm hoping you can keep your focus on those projects as well.

    I guess I haven't read your bio blip before because I just today noticed you have MS. Coincidence of coincidences, I'm doing a charity walk for MS in two days. Here's to finding a cure, eh?

    Sendin some love to you and yours. Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    I'll check in later for more updates. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what's going on. It's been on my mind.

    Stay strong.

    [hugs]

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there, your dad is lucky he has you as an advocate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and good thoughts are sent your way. Hang in there, I'm glad you were able to go see him even though you lost all that sleep. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with you and your family. I'll say a prayer for your dad.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...