Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our lawnmower was delivered yesterday. It's very cool to see a brand new John Deere lawnmower in the garage. I was worried that it might make Cro's woodworking space feel too crowded, but the mower seems to take less space than I thought it would. It will be fun trying it out this weekend if we have some days without rain (rained yesterday).

I worked 15 hours yesterday and am at work early again today. It will be that way all week and I don't feel bad about it. One of my projects is being presented to a client today, I bowed out of the presentation since there are going to be at least 3 very capable people there to present and I have multiple projects that MUST be complete before Monday for another client. After this week's big cram, hopefully things will settle down for a little while.

I called the hospital to get a status report on dad. I didn't expect any change yet (the surgeon told us they would not be able to determine anything for several days). Dad is still unresponsive, still hooked up to the wound vac to drain more inflammation, still unresponsive. Pretty much what I expected so the good news of the morning is that there is no additional bad news.

*update
Mom just called to ask if I'd spoken to the hospital yet this morning. I told her what I told you in the paragraph above. We talked a little while more and she said the surgeon says dad is not doing as well as expected. Mom is going to give him 2 or 3 more weeks and if there is no improvement she will ask them to take him off of any life support. If he hasn't died before then. She asked that we don't have a public showing for him if he dies. She says my sister is a basket case over this and mom is going to take her to see dad in the hospital over the weekend, even though he is unresponsive. I've told you all about my sister's mental disability in a previous post. Mom has been sheltering her from dad's situation so far, but doesn't want to shelter her to the point that Laura doesn't get to see him while he is still alive and understand the severity of this.

Mom would like a private memorial at my house including just her, my sister, Cro and myself so that we can cry as hard as we need to and not put on a brave face for the public. Dad wants to be cremated if he dies, and wants his ashes to be scattered under a specific old tree on the back on their farm.

I haven't given up hope, but things don't look favorable. I have more to tell but I'm tired of talking right now.

Breakfast - 3carb/190cal
[3carb][190cal ] pb

Lunch - 13.5carb/310cal
I brought:
[1.5carb][240cal ] 3 slices of colby jack on:
[12carb][70cal ] 2 slices of LC bread

Dinner - 3carb/512cal
[0carb][500cal ] roast beef
[2.5carb][8cal ] 8 radishes
[.5carb][4cal ] small amount of onion


TOTAL 19.5carb/1012cal

5 comments:

  1. so sorry about this latest setback. i don't have words. if you need an ear my email is cholguin@gmail.com don't hesitate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. October, I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's illness. I'm saying prayers for courage and strength from God to be spread over your whole family as a covering. Many hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oct, I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope he pulls through. If you need anything at all, just email me. Sadekat1@hotmail.com. I'm sending a special message to the BigGuy upstairs right now.

    {{{{{{Hugs for you all}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm not sure exactly where you live but if you need anything I'm only right over the boarder. My email address is NewVisionsTC@live.com. Your in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't express how sorry I am about this. I will continue to pray and hope for a turn of events.

    I wish there was more I could say or do. :(

    Please take care and know that we're all in your corner.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...