Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Terrible Tuesday (it really was!)

I spoke too soon regarding my work week, of course. Under a pile again and stressed. It will get done, though I showed the stress a little by discussing it all with a quivering voice and bottom lip. :( I hate showing weakness at work. That can't be good for my job security. Things will get done, and get done well.

Nurse Anne says dad is much the same as yesterday (unresponsive to direction such as "can you wiggle your toes for me?", though he now is experiencing (in her words) "extreme sweating, diaphoresis" due to reduction in pain medication. He also thrashes his head back and forth at times. They are going to discuss this with a doctor when he does rounds this morning. I suggested that perhaps it would be better to wean him off of one medication at a time. She seemed to agree but it will be up to a doctor. She said that she feels he still needs high pain meds and agrees that she would like to see him awaken to evaluate the delirium.

When will the sun shine on me?

Breakfast - 13carb/290cal
[3carb][190cal ] peanut butter
[10carb][100cal ] cocoa via

Lunch - 8carb/220cal
[0carb][180cal ] 3oz steak
[8carb][ 40 cal] 2.5oz Gerber Pears

Dinner - xcarb/xcal
[xcarb][xcal ] no dinner (in fact I threw up twice)

TOTAL 21carb/510cal

1 comment:

  1. Very soon I hope. You deserve plenty of sunshine.

    [hugs]

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...