Friday, April 10, 2009

Today feels odd because I came in to work so early, well that isn't odd, and will be leaving by noon. Of course all that's on my mind is the trouble of bothering whoever is in the tandem parking spot that blocks me in to let me out at noon. I am such a worrier, lol.

Hmm, I've been in the 800-ish calorie range for the last couple of days and I haven't even been hungry. This is a good thing even if not actually intended. Planned and recorded, sure, but I wasn't intending to restrict calories that low, it just worked out that way.

I haven't had food on the brain for the last couple of days either. I wish I could bottle that feeling because I know it won't last. I'm about to break 188, I can feel it even though Mr. Scaleopesis wants to continue presenting that half pound.

And to continue my wave of thought, I would like to acquire a nice food scale at some point. Maybe it can be my prize when I hit the 100 pounds lost mark. What brands of food scale do you guys recommend?

I also want to get a food processor to have a proper attempt at cauli-mash. I currently mash it with a hand-held grandma-style potato-masher. Guy Fieri made some mashed cauliflower on one of his Food Network shows last week and it looked divine!

Breakfast - 7carb/170cal
[2carb][120cal ] half of a flax muffin
[5carb][50cal ] half of a CocoaVia

Lunch - 20carb/237cal
[0carb][135cal ] turkey
[20carb][102cal] brussels sprouts x2 servings

Dinner - 6carb/380cal
[6carb][380cal ] peanut butter

TOTAL 33carb/787cal

3 comments:

  1. I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Newline-Electronic-Kitchen-Food-Scale/dp/B000JIMJGQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1239372785&sr=8-14

    And I love it! Relatively cheap, nothing super fancy. But it seems accurate, and its small so it tucks away nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chai! That one is very affordable and does look great for not taking a lot of counter space. I've added it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love mashed cauliflower. I'll have to check out Guy's recipe. Thanks for posting it. :-)

    Hope your trip goes really well. Happy Easter to both you, Cro and your folks!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...