Wednesday, May 20, 2009

blues & blue jeans

I'm in one of those muted moods this morning. The kind that leaves me feeling like I'm floating in a silent sea. A bit melancholy I suppose. I didn't remember to take chromium picolinate this morning though this would have been a perfect day to start doing so.

Idol was a bit of a letdown last night. Not even Adam was able to cheer me up, though I still love him! I do think he is going to win but I don't think it REALLY matters to him. I'm a fan regardless.

My ebay Lucky Brand jeans were in the mail when I checked this morning. Of course I tried to see how far I could get them on ... not far but that's good inspiration. When I held them up I was actually afraid that they would fit right now and not be something to strive to get into. :P They are size 12 (which is size 31 in Lucky Brand sizing). I wonder if the Tommy jeans will be in the mailbox today and wonder how close to getting them on I'll get with those.

Today is my Friday (vacation days tomorrow, Friday, holiday Monday and another vacation day Tuesday). You'd think I'd be super peppy today ... maybe I will be later.

OH! Cro made our dinner using the DreamFields rotini pasta from my LC order. It was absolutely delicious but I thought it was funny that even though it tasted and had the texture of REAL high-carb pasta, I wasn't THAT effected by it. Meaning that I haven't had pasta in nearly a year but I guess don't really miss it that much. This is odd because before I had the rotini I would have guessed that pasta and rice are the two things I miss the most since going LC. Realizing that I don't miss it as much as I thought is a happy revelation and bodes well for LC continuing as a life-long change for me.

I've heard that DreamFields pasta can raise blood sugar in some people. I was the same weight still this morning so I don't think it mattered to my body. I had a very full sensation after eating a single serving though. The full feeling is still with me this morning. I rarely feel full so it is disconcerting. Would I eat it again? Sure. In fact there are plenty of leftovers so I'm sure I will be having it again tonight. I don't plan to add DreamFields to my regular shopping list but I think it's a great once-in-awhile thing that will make Cro happy too. Poor carb-loving guy and his LC wife. :) Why is that Jack-Sprat nursery rhyme going through my head?

*update - The morning has flown by since I was engrossed in a project. Projects that engross me are the best. Nothing like looking up to see what time it is and realize that it's lunch time! lol

I have a meeting this afternoon and then it's the home stretch to vacation time (which I'm sure will go amazingly fast as it always does). I hope that we hear good news regarding Cro's interviews this week!

*MS update - I've been getting dizzy and carsick lots for the last couple of weeks. I know this is an MS flair up and I can't wait until it passes. It's not life-interfering enough for me to seek a solu-med treatment. I can control it greatly by remembering to take some benedril before it's time to drive.

Breakfast - 6carb/380cal
[6carb][380cal ] peanut butter

Lunch - 20carb/280cal
[15carb][170cal ] Atkins Advantage Smores bar
[0carb][60cal ] 12 cheese crisps
[5carb][50cal ] half a Cocoa Via bar

Dinner - 11carb/502cal
probably this:
[5carb][190cal ] one serving of Dreamfields pasta (first time trying this)
[0carb][92cal ] 1oz lean ground beef
[5carb][40cal ] small amount of pasta sauce
[1carb][180cal ] 2oz cheese

TOTAL 37carb/1162cal

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're going to get a bit of a break. You need it, big time! You're probably the hardest worker I know!

    I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for Cro and the job situation.

    If we don't meet again before you head off ... have a fantastic time on your mini-vacation! Enjoy every second of it and come back with some stories to share!

    My best to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to say. Thanks Harry. We aren't traveling, just enjoying time off in our own city. We plan to see the komodo dragons that are on loan from the Denver Zoo but I think that is the only solid plans so far other than enjoying some R&R!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...