Friday, May 22, 2009

holiday does not mean PIG OUT!!!

Perhaps I should keep a tighter reign on my eating during this vacation to closer match what I've been doing during work days. It's a lot tougher to just eat an Atkins bar for lunch when I have a whole kitchen of choices at hand and the thought of "you're on vacation" constantly running through my head. Yes, I'm on vacation but I still need to focus on losing weight. I was a little disappointed with how I did yesterday but I corrected it as much as possible by the end of the day. I think I'd consumed most of my calories allowed before dinner even got here. I'll not allow myself to do that today.

For Memorial Day we are planning to grill some yummy things. Maybe chicken, franks and peppers, oh my. I also want us to have a yummy potato salad and perhaps some grilled corn for Cro. He doesn't care for pie so I'd like to make one of my LC chocolate cake mixes. We are going to Sams Club later today, so who knows what we'll end up with. :)

We live in Indy, so the race is in your face everywhere this weekend. It's fun to be caught up in such a festive atmosphere.

I just spoke with dad over the phone. Once again he was as clear of thought as I've always known him to be. It was so great to speak with him! :) Dad has been relocated to a "step-down" hospital. His extended stay and the big hospital's need for space has made this necessary. The place he is stepping down to seems to be a very capable facility. They claim to be equipped and knowledgeable in handling many things including critical care, multi-complex cases, extended surgery recovery, and rehabilitation.

AND for the other good news of the day. Cro got the job. Cro thinks there is lots of potential for his future there even though it is starting at less. Happy. Happy. Happy. When I spoke with dad I let him know that Cro got the job, He cheered and was SO HAPPY and relieved for us too. He spoke to Cro for a moment over the phone to congratulate him. My dad is such a great dad. We all hope that he'll be released to go home in a couple of weeks. Hope. Hope. Hope.

Breakfast - 6carb/380cal
[6carb][380cal ] pb

Lunch - 19carb/340cal
[11carb][160cal ] Atkins bar
[8carb][180cal ] cup LC chocolate ice cream

Dinner - 12carb/382cal
[2carb][190cal ] 1 LC muffin
[8carb][180cal ] cup LC vanilla ice cream
[2carb][12cal ] 2 strawberries

TOTAL 37carb/1102cal

5 comments:

  1. Vacation time is tough. Memorial Day weekend is throwing my normal workout routine into a tizzy and on top of that, it looks like a rainy weekend for us. Like you said, hard to stay golden when there's so many options lying around and everything's so delicious. Well, I suppose we'll all do the best we can and move on. Good luck... and enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack. Holiday's are just another obstacle I suppose. Life is full of the darn things. Hope your Memorial Day weekend is great despite the diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to see that your dad is doing better! I've had my fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have such a good-looking menu. I copy-cat you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ms. v! I am very happy and hopeful too.

    anne h - You complimented one of my most self-indulgent menus of the week so thanks if you were serious and *blush* if you were chiding me. If you really copy me on things like this I guess you are a soul-mate with me in your love of sweet things and peanut butter and strawberries. My saving grace is keeping the calories and carbs within my limits. When I have a day like that I do miss being able to have meat and veggies at the end of the day, but I enjoy everything else about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...