Monday, May 11, 2009

I guess I'm chatty today. I have a serious case of spring fever. Restless, feeling like I want something good and exciting to happen. The sort of feeling I had anticipating a Kings Island or Six Flags trip as a teenager. Unfortunately I'm no longer a teenager with that sort of freedom and fun to look forward to. Blah.

I will make a list of things to anticipate (mostly weight loss related things) anyway. My size 16 jeans are beginning to feel loose, so why not plan ahead!

First on the list, getting into size 14 jeans!
Achievable in perhaps another week or two. Cool!

That trip to Old Navy to pick up a few new summery tops.
Maybe sometime in June. Also cool!

Planning something fun for Cro's birthday (June 25th). He thinks we are skipping the gifts this year due to his still unemployed status. I think I'd like to surprise him with something! Even if it can't be as expensive as renting a luxury cabin for a week like he did for my last birthday. Experiences are better than material gifts for us at this stage. Any thoughts?

Seeing the 170's on my scale. This will be so very awesome. By the way, once I hit 169 I am no longer in the "obese" category. It is so VERY close now. Just 16 more pounds to lose to hit THAT goal.

I'd like to get Cro motivated to lose some weight too, but that is such a tricky thing. There is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that I want that man to feel like I look down upon him in any manner. I truely don't ... however I do wish the very best in life for him and I KNOW he would be happier and feel much healthier if he could shed a few pounds. My main motivation for hoping he will is that I don't want his life to be cut short and don't want him to develop diabetes. Maybe just seeing my dedication and success and that I am happy will be all that he needs to make the move on his own in his own time.

Ride horses with my mom this fall. By September perhaps I'll feel just right enough to ride again. Sure, I could now but it just feels awkward in the saddle when your butt is too padded to allow you to feel secure in the seat.

Okay. Maybe I've chatted enough for now. :)

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about Cro, but you're certainly an inspiration to me. I'm just a month in to my own weight loss journey, but seeing the success you've had (and are continuing to have) give me a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack, it's very cool to hear that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when your Chatty, so chat away! BTW I wish you would send me some of that Spring Fever... all this rain has killed mine.

    I don't know y'all that well, but have you checked out to see if your town has outdoor movies.. we do. You could pack a healthy but special picnic and go watch a movie under the stars. Not expensive (our movies are free) and something you might never have done before.

    Rent a movie you've been wanting to see?
    Something Cro has been wanting to do that you haven't gotten around too.

    I know y'all are gamers, you could plan a special night of healthy finger foods, and a whole evening of just playing together.

    No matter what you decide, I'm sure it will be special as long as you get to spend it together.
    Have a wonderful week, God bless
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vikki, you are just a sweetheart. Those are all good ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a walk in the woods some where and a nice picnic lunch or dinner. You could even make it special by packing candles and maybe some wine or wine substitute?

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...