Tuesday, May 5, 2009

LO

The battery in my scale died yesterday so I changed it out. The battery I changed it to must have also been on it's last legs because the scale is now presenting me with "LO" rather than numbers. Perhaps this is good fortune to allow me another day to recover my weight loss total before I see it. *Jack-, your comment cracked me up!!! :D

I think we are having another piñata party today to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I asked for the piñata to include some celery sticks amongst all of the candy. I was serious.

I feel as though I let my readers down by allowing that afternoon of uncontrolled portions. Some would say that I shouldn't feel ashamed because I'm only human and human's screw up from time to time. I can't rationalize it in that manner. I'm feeling shame (as I well should) because it was complete mental rebellion.
*Interesting article explaining this phenomena by Dr. Eades.

Losing control like that is frightening. I am determined to never regain the weight so I have to internalize what exactly happened and come up with a plan to halt that behavior if it ever tries to override my good senses again. My plan is to shut it down immediately and not have a single morsel of food until the next morning (giving the feeling time to expire). That will make me look forward to the scale, make me feel proud of the power it took to not eat, and build up a trend of positive reaction and strong-armed control.

Breakfast - 3carb/190cal
[3carb][190cal ] 2 TBSP peanut butter

Lunch - 12carb/374cal
[0carb][80cal ] can of tuna
[1carb][160cal ] two slices of cheddar
[11carb][100cal ] granola bar
[6.5carb][34 cal ] 1/3 of a 100cal oreo pack (just 1, so actually 34cal) from the pinata

Dinner - 3carb/512cal
[0carb][500cal ] roast beef
[2.5carb][8cal ] 8 radishes
[.5carb][4cal ] small amount of onion

TOTAL 18carb/1076cal

6 comments:

  1. My scale came up "LOL"...

    Have really enjoyed reading about your weight loss journey. Congrats on all your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha (i mean LOL) that is too funny. :) Thanks for the grats! I checked out your blog briefly this morning and plan to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there. your successes and struggles keep me reading...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carlos. And I thought it was the prospect of more lawn-mowing photos that kept you coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could offer you a cliched quote about the measure of a (wo)man being measured not by the amount of times she slips but how many times she regains her footing. Instead, I will recommend that you mow the Hell out of the lawn instead! A great way to get out any frustration! :-)

    I can only speak for myself ... you didn't let me down in the slightest. You're a really good example in my book. Not a perfect example. But who the heck needs one of those anyway?

    Chin up, Oct. Think of the percentages. 99.9% excellent work. .01% messing up. That's nearly A+ territory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Harry, I'm glad that you don't feel let down. I let myself down but I guess I'll have to be satisfied with an imperfect success rating ... and also mow the hell out of the lawn! :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...