Saturday, May 30, 2009

looking UP

Spoke to dad this morning, he is doing so much better. He's finally able to get out of the hospital bed safely to shower, shave and all. He feels strong enough to go home but they are keeping him at least a couple more weeks. He agrees with this and said that if they release him too soon and infection came back that would probably be the end of him. It is so good to hear him strong again.

Now that I've filled you in on the boring details of my family life how about I tell you of my boring weekend plans.

JD and I are going for a ride later. Then I plan to have a leisurely day ... well ... a normal weekend day. I'll start off by messing around on the interwebs, then kick some butt on the elliptical, take a nap, who knows.

Later Cro is taking me out.
We are just going for an early dinner but I'm looking forward to it!!! I love going out. I'd like to go see UP too, but I won't push for too many "me" activities if he's not UP for it. *sorry, lol* I'm sure he'll want some recoup time since the first week of his new job must have been stressful. Maybe we can see UP next weekend or I can see it with Matt if Cro isn't interested.

This is my rough menu plan for the day. Yes, it's a mini-celebration, moderate amounts of my fav dishes at Brugge Brasserie. I'll adjust my menu later if we end up not going. This is a dual-purpose celebration for Cro's new job and my one-year LC-anniversary.

Breakfast - 11carb/370cal
[3carb][190cal ] peanut butter
[8carb][180cal ] 1 cup LC vanilla ice cream

Lunch - 45.5carb/435cal
[8carb][142cal ] 1/2 serving of carbonade flamande (best guess)
[3.5carb][55cal ] spicy curry dipping sauce (best guess)
[16carb][70cal ] 1/4 serving pomme frites (best guess)
[18carb][168cal ] 1/2 nutella crepe (best guess)

Dinner - xcarb/xcal
[xcarb][xcal ] nothing

TOTAL 56.5carb/805cal

3 comments:

  1. awesome news about your dad. must be a huge weight off your family's shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time on your weekend date! Plenty of reasons to celebrate!

    I hear that UP is really excellent. Please review it for us if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry - it was lots of fun, we sat at an outdoor table this time, which was much more quiet and relaxed than the indoor atmosphere. I like that place very much for the pride they have in their food and service, and for the yumminess and cozy environment. We aren't going to see UP yet, but when we do see it I'll let you know what we thought! The previews look great and I don't think Pixar has ever disappointed.

    Carlos - it IS such a happy relief. I was SO sure he was going to either die or that part of his brain would be permanently damaged. I don't know if you buy the multiple dimensions theory stuff, I don't know if I do either, but I am just so happy to exist in the dimension where my dad is going to be ok. And I don't know what prompted me to go off on that tangent ... maybe the Nutella crepe sitting happily in my tummy. :D

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...