Monday, May 18, 2009

surviving in civilization

The weekend is spent and I have three days of deadlines to meet before vacation days. So, its Monday but it feels like Wednesday, sort of.

I watched the Survivor finale last night and have to say that JT is much better looking in the wild with a 5-o'clock shadow. :P Like Samson, or Greystoke, much of his power seemed to vanish with the haircut and return to his place within "civilization".

Regarding diet (hey, that's what this blog is supposed to be about, right?) I'm feeling good about my Atkins bars lunch-plan for today and, crazy as it might be, I'm looking forward to the hunger pangs I am soon to feel. Hunger pangs is just my body noticing that I'm in control.

My order from carbsmart should arrive today. One of the items I ordered is the carrot cake mix. Yum, I hope. 25 calories and 2 carbs per serving. I could even have two pieces per serving and it would still be pretty low.

Breakfast - 7carb/280cal
[3carb][190cal ] peanut butter
[4carb][90cal ] half cup LC chocolate ice cream

Lunch - 18carb/310cal
[10carb][140cal ] Atkins Daybreak bar (3 net carbs, but I don't trust that)
[8carb][170cal ] Atkins Advantage bar (3 net carbs, but I don't trust that)

*update. EEK, I'M SO HUNGRY!!! But it's 4:00 ... I can last until dinner.

Dinner - 14carb/501cal
[0carb][360cal ] 4oz steak
[10carb][51cal] brussels sprouts
[4carb][90cal ] half cup LC chocolate ice cream

TOTAL 39carb/1091cal

4 comments:

  1. I feel ya with the hunger pains. My belly's still yammering for that late night snack I used to give it. Some nights it sounds like a pissed-off alley cat. It's funny, but it is a sign that we're reclaiming our bodies, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hunger pangs is just my body noticing that I'm in control."

    I like that sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years ago, we baked a diabetic friend some low carb muffins for Christmas. I think we used that brand of carrot cake mix.

    Our friend really enjoyed the muffins. At least that's how I remember it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack - the thought of your belly yammering like a pissed-off alley cat made me laugh. :)

    Sadekat - I like the thought behind it. Makes me feel empowered rather than sorry for myself when I'm HUNGI!

    Harry - I can't wait to make it. My only regret is that Cro does not like carrot cake. He talked me into getting it anyway because he knows it is one of my favorites. Your diabetic friend must have felt very special to have been treated to such a thoughtful gift for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...