Thursday, June 25, 2009

bday

Is it really Thursday? Wow.

I got up early to wrap a little bday gift and pick up Hardees new biscuit holes for Cro (along with a sausage croissant and drink) for his birthday breakfast. We had both been laughing about the name "biscuit holes" and he was intrigued to learn what they might be. It turns out they are just little donut hole like biscuits dusted in cinnamon and suger, accompanied by icing for dipping. They looked good, he said they were good, but I wouldn't know. Sugar is BAD for me, mmmkay?

An early birthday gift was a damascus wedding ring to replace the one he had lost. The little gift this morning was a cap (ballcap style) from The Exotic Feline Rescue Center as a symbol of us having a fun day there. I left it to him to decide whether he would like to go this weekend or sometime in future. I want his birthday weekend to be of his own choosing. Mom and dad sent a card and a little money for him to spend.

OH! And the big news is that I called mom this morning to see if there was any word on when dad would get to come home. Mom said just a moment ... then handed the phone to dad. He's home!!! He had a restless night last night but he's home and feeling very happy about it. 120+ days in the hospital. I'm so happy he's home. :)

TODAY's [carbs][calories]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
BREAKFAST - 9.5carb/307cal
[1.5][235] one-minute flaxseed muffin
[0][0cal] green tea with stevia

[8carb][72cal ] an imported chocolate. Our boss brought back a box from his two-week overseas vacation

LUNCH - 10carb/412cal
[xcarb][272cal] turkey breast
[10carb][140cal] atkins bar
[0][0cal] green tea with stevia

DINNER - 13.5carb/305cal
[13.5carb][305cal] 1/2 slice of low carb cheesecake (from Cro's bday cheesecake)

TOTAL 33carb/1024cal

4 comments:

  1. I can't decide if that's a better insult ("You're such a biscuit hole!") or descriptive term ("Shut your biscuit hole!"). You've given me a lot to think about, young lady.

    Happy bday, Cro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Shut your biscuit hole!" hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that your dad is home! :)

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two reasons for celebration. Great news indeed.

    Wish Cro a happy day o' birth from us!

    If I had a nickel for every time I was called a 'biscuit hole' ...

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...