Tuesday, June 2, 2009

green tea & ginger

It's going to be a busy day again. I'm taking a caffeine supplement to hopefully provide me a needed boost that my caffeine-free soda just can't give. Oh the woes of not enjoying the taste of coffee! *eww coffee*

The green tea doesn't seem to be infusing me with pep this morning, dang-it. Must be all the Benedril I take to keep the nausea at bay. Don't copy me, my actions are driven by need more than by common sense.

Recently Harry (JP of Healthy Fellow) posted an interesting article on the topic of ginger root. I've known for a long while that ginger helps to combat motion sickness. I have been taking it daily due to this most recent MS exacerbation that is causing dizziness (and therefore nausea). Even so, I still suffer from motion sickness. I wonder how much worse it would be if I weren't taking ginger, ibuprofen and Benedril. I'm not going to risk finding out. Throwing up is one of my least favorite things to do and I've been doing it too much lately.

Mom just called to tell me her youngest sister–my aunt Janet– has died of a heart attack. Aunt Janet was only 55 years old. :(

Breakfast - 4.5carb/285cal
[4.5carb][285cal] 3 TBSP peanut butter (1.5carb and 95cal per TBSP)

Mid Morning - 4carb/0cal
[4carb][0cal ] hot green tea with splenda

Lunch - 20carb/320cal
[10carb][160cal] Atkins bar
[10carb][160cal] Atkins bar

Mid Day - 4carb/0cal
[4carb][0cal ] hot green tea with splenda

Dinner - 11carb/600cal
[0carb][240cal ] 4oz steak
[3carb][180cal ] 2 TBSP pb
[8carb][180cal ] 1 cup lowcarb ice cream

TOTAL 43.5carb/1205cal

1 comment:

  1. Throwing up sux! I hope the green tea and ginger work out for you. We all could use a little pep!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...