Tuesday, June 9, 2009

how is that a benefit???

I'm temporarily out of green tea so I browsed through the cabinets at our company, remembering that I'd seen some sort of tea bags in there. Green tea! Yay! Ew no, it is for making iced tea and already contains aspartame. No Thanks.

I looked a bit more.

Hmm, peppermint tea bags, I'll give it a try.

I placed one of the last remaining tea bags into a plastic cup, added a few Splenda packets, and a bit of hot water from the convenient company water machine. Allowed it to brew, gave it a try, not bad.

As I was drinking this tea I thought to browse the web for any health benefit claims that peppermint tea might have. Ooo, a wikipedia page, perfect.

This is what I found.

Relax the sphincter? Are you sh*tting me? (pun intended) How is THAT a health benefit???

diet update:
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
Thanks for the tough love in comments to my "tired of it" post yesterday. Just in case you were wondering, I didn't mean I was tired of my weight loss efforts. Just of the recording process.

I must remember that even if I'm not seeing results from the scale, this blog is a valuable record that I can refer to in the future. Even plateaus are valuable to make note of.

*I had an email conversation with Jimmy Moore and asked if he would mind checking out my menus and sharing his knowledge to help me start losing again. Jimmy suggested that I might be going too low with my calories, that I should consider adding more fats, that I should possibly ease off of the peanut butter and brussels sprouts and choose a different source of fats and lowcarb veggies more often, and finally he suggested not forcing things if it isn't ready to happen. :) I'm happy to share Jimmy's exact words if you are interested but didn't want to post them here word for word without his permission. He gave me some good things to think about. The biggest thing that struck me was regarding the peanut butter. I think I will cut back on that some.

[carbs][calories]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
Breakfast - 6carb/190cal
[3][190] pb
[3][0] peppermint tea with Splenda

Lunch - 12carb/360cal
[3][190] pb
[9][170] Atkins bar

Dinner - 10carb/340cal
[0][120] 4oz chicken breast
[2][40] 1 cup yellow squash
[8][180] lowcarb ice cream

TOTAL 28carb/890cal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...