Friday, June 5, 2009

how low can i go

I wonder how it is that I am stalled. I eat less than 50carbs/1200 calories a day. Grumble. The first instinct is to go for even less ... under 1000cal should be more difficult but maybe get me losing. Lowering the carbs without lowering the calories doesn't seem to have an effect so I'll leave the carb target at +/- 50.

Sigh ... dieting is still frustrating and difficult, even after doing it so religiously for a year.

noon update:
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
I'm going without Benedril for the first day in a few weeks to see if the MS nausea flair-up thing will leave me alone on it's own yet. So far so good. **and the motion sickness was there to greet me on the drive home. I made it though, and it's certainly not as severe as last weekend.

dad update:
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
Dad told me that he had an anxiety attack last night. It's a lot for any person to bear ... I will be very happy when he can go home and of course so will he. He says it will be at least another week ... at least. He was happy to hear from me but wondered why I hadn't called in awhile. :( Time must feel so very long when you are stuck in the hospital for weeks and weeks with no definite release date. I speak to him once a week, but I will change that to every couple of days.

*today's eats:
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
Breakfast - 7carb/260cal
[3carb][260cal ] lowcarb carrot cake muffin
[3carb][0cal ] hot green tea with splenda

Lunch - 9carb/170cal
[9carb][170cal ] Atkins bar
[3carb][0cal ] hot green tea with splenda

Dinner - 16carb/600cal
[3carb][0cal ] hot green tea with splenda
[13carb][600cal] stuffed pepper: ground beef, onions, mushrooms, cheese, yellow bell pepper

TOTAL 32carb/1030cal

8 comments:

  1. I don't see how you can lower the intake any more. I'd suggest adding a cardio component to the mix and sweating off those last pesky pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oct: Does your body have a tendency to "stall" every once in awhile? Mine does and it's the most frustrating thing! Perhaps that's what's happening for you right now? If you're doing all the right things, maybe your body is just in an adjustment period and it will kick into high gear soon. Maybe?

    ~ Wendy
    wendyweightlossjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest cutting out the Atkins bars and anything else processed. Also, how is your sodium intake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack, Wendy, Penny - Thanks for the comments. Yes, I do go through this once in awhile, especially the closer I get to goal. I just have to grumble once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Penny, could ya cut out the processed food for a week and see what that does? You could make a green salad w/ a protein for lunch. :)

    **says the girl who forgets to pack a lunch all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I eat them for convenience, definitely not for taste since most of them taste bad or odd. I do count ALL of the carbs, minus fiber though. I don't buy into their NET carb count.

    Anyway, don't do as I do. I still have them in bulk so not going to vanish from my work lunches any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I can suggest that the others didn't is strength training. Get you a set of weight. Why do I suggest it over cardio? Because strength training's purpose is to build muscle, and as we all know, muscle builds fat. So simply adding more muscle will help you lose fat AND it will help prevent skeletal difficulties in the future.
    Or if you go to the gym focus more on the resistance machines than the cardio for a while then maybe find a balance between them.

    But the very best advice I ever got on stalls came from Jimmy Moore. He said if your your losing weight and then stall just keep on with what your doing, don't change a thing. Give your body time to catch up with the weight you've lost and then you should go back to losing when the stall has past.
    Good Luck and keep us posted on how you are doing!
    God Bless and Hugs,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I'll get that former bodybuilder husband of mine interested in training me. Ah well, I've muddled through this far I'm sure I'll muddle through this too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...