Monday, June 8, 2009

in like a lion

It's Monday again of course. The old saying "in like a lion" doesn't really describe how the morning greeted me. It was more akin to "in like a gila monster". Those are the bacteria-toothed pissy lizards I think.

I started the morning with a hot shower. The steamy heat did a little number on me and my MS started doing backflips. I avoided the dreaded tossing of the cookies but it was close. I felt the blood leave my head. Lightheaded and not loving it, I somehow dried my hair and rushed to get ready for work before I sadly gave in and sat down with my head low to bring the blood back. After recovering a bit I took some Benedryl, ibuprofen and green tea supplements. Breakfast was a spoon of peanut butter. Quick protein. No cleanup.

Fifteen minutes later and I felt right as rain. I'm not sure whether it was due to cooling off, putting my head down, the supplements or the peanut butter but something I did was right.

dad update:
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
Called this morning and spoke to dad a bit. The delirium was back a little but oddly he knew that what he was saying wasn't reality. He told me that he needed to get a nurse to clean up the eggs. I thought he was talking about his breakfast tray at first. Then he said "you didn't send me any eggs did you?"Something about an egg war but proclaimed that he knew it wasn't real and he sometimes finds himself making up stories and doesn't know why. I suggested that perhaps it will clear up when they get him off of any medication they still have him on. He agreed and said that it's just the way it is right now but he thinks it will get better. Very odd to have delirium and know it is delirium. I feel encouraged that he does know it. I'm discouraged that it's still effecting him somewhat. I thought it was completely gone for good.

today's menu:
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
Breakfast - 3carb/190cal
[3carb][190cal ] pb

Lunch - 20carb/312cal
[8carb][142cal ] 1/2 serving of carbonade flamande (best guess)
[9carb][170cal ] Atkins bar
[3carb][0cal ] hot green tea with splenda

Dinner - 13carb/600cal
[13carb][600cal] stuffed pepper: ground beef, onions, mushrooms, cheese, yellow bell pepper

TOTAL 36carb/1102cal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...