Wednesday, June 17, 2009

platefuls of work

And the stress begins. LOTS of projects and meeting on my plate today and for the rest of the week. Thankfully platefuls of work are carb- and calorie-free.

We are having a lunch meeting followed by another lengthy meeting. Rather than having an atkins bar at 11 or waiting to eat lunch until 3ish I decided to work with the Qdoba menu slated for our lunch meeting sustenance.

When I got home from work last night Cro was in the middle of preparing a roast to be cooked overnight. I woke up at 2am to find him finishing up. What a wonderful sweet guy I have. I feel both blessed and guilted that he goes to such great lengths to accomodate my selective diet. The roast should last us into the weekend.

[carbs][calories]

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
Breakfast - 13carb/320cal
[4carb][180cal ] peanut butter
[9carb][140cal ] Atkins bar
[3][0cal] green tea

Lunch Meeting - 11carb/325cal
I'm not sure how much of this I will eat. I'll update later.
[8carb][325cal ] half serving of Qdoba Queso Naked Burrito
[3][0cal] green tea

Dinner - 3carb/512cal
probably this:
[0carb][500cal ] roast beef
[2.5carb][8cal ] 8 radishes
[.5carb][4cal ] small amount of onion

TOTAL 27carb/1157cal

5 comments:

  1. Cro is such a doll! You two are very lucky <3 You're right about the platefuls of work, calorie free! Don't get too stressed out. Oh, did you find out about the sick building?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 a.m.? What was he doing, butchering the cow himself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. -He let it slow-cook from about 9pm to 1am ... then let it cool for a good bit and got up at 2am to pull it from the bones and whatever else is required before calling a roast ready to eat.

    He is a doll. :) No word on the sick-building theory yet. My nausea seems to be quieting so as long as I feel fine I'm not worried about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet fellow, you got there. Always nice to see two kind and loving people finding each other. Add in mad cooking skills to the mix and you're really in business!

    Happy to hear that your father is progressing well too. Good news all around.

    Hope the work projects all go swimmingly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I pick up more of his cooking skills as the years go by. I have stopped cooking everything on the highest heat though ... and have developed a great appreciation for slow-cooked meats.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...