Wednesday, July 15, 2009

mundania

My clothes are roomier and making me wish I'd worn the smaller Tommy jeans today. I can feel a loss on the way. I can feel it stirring the air and am catching the sweet aroma like water before it rains.

Two people that I see nearly everyday have made point to comment that I'm "melting" or that I'm "looking good". Since they see me so often and they both independently said something this week, I'd say something good is happening and should show on the scale soon.

I chatted with the new guy at work yesterday. Apparently his wife has lost 130 pounds over the last two years by restricting calories. He himself is tall and slight of built and has been working to add weight and build muscle over the last few months. He is into a macronutrient diet (not quite sure what that involves but he said something about a 40/40/20 diet). His wife is the one responsible for the fruit bouquet yesterday and the big lovely strawberries that I got to take part in.

Cro picked up vanilla, coconut and peppermint extracts from the grocery last night. Such a sweety! I was excited to try out lemon, coconut, dehydrated egg whites and cocoa in my chocolate greens superfood shake this morning. It didn't taste as smooth and creamy as I thought it might, but it was very light and refreshing. I'd have it again sometime. These superfood shakes have quickly become a breakfast staple for me. I think I will have to order a second container, maybe trying the grown-up version, soon. Hmm, now what should I try next? Well, cocoa and peppermint should be a good combination. That makes me aware that I forgot to add erythritol this morning. It likely would have been wonderful in the lemon-coconut shake.

It's storming right now. I love it. The possibilities of my new blog are much on my mind. Perhaps the storm winds and prelude to success regarding my diet are stirring up a greater desire. I'm feeling more introspective of late. I want to take on more. To express more. Even the crazy stuff. After all, the world is not as mundane as what I have been painting in this blog.

WednesDay [carbs][calories]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
BREAKFAST - 13carb/397cal
[1][206] 2oz heavy cream
[0][0] 3oz purified water and LOTS of ice cubes
[3][21] 1 scoops Amazing Grass Kidz Superfood drink powder
[1][64] 1 tbsp organic cocoa powder
[0][6] 1 tbsp powdered egg whites
[4][100] 1 scoop Jarrow vanilla whey protein powder
[0][0] dash of lemon extract
[0][0] dash of coconut extract
[0][0] dash of vanilla extract
[0][0] dash of sea salt
[4][0] 4 packets of Splenda
… blend all of the above
- this tastes chocolatey, light, fluffy, and refreshing
[0][0cal] green tea with stevia

LUNCH - 4.5carb/320cal
[4.5carb][320cal] Turkey, provolone Unwich from Jimmy John's
[0][0cal] green tea with stevia

DINNER - 10carb/291cal
[0carb][240cal] 4oz steak
[10carb][51cal] brussels sprouts

TOTAL - 27.5carb/1008cal

4 comments:

  1. The scale is sometimes the last to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new photo looks really good!

    I am going to try to wake up early to try my superfood stuff in a shake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's definitely in the air! it's imminent.

    your shake kick has got me excited, and today i hit the davinci syrup jackpot at tj maxx. vanilla, hazelnut and amaretto! i made a chocolate hazelnut shake, soo yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scale is often the last to know, you're right anne!

    Sadekat - TY :) I've been pulling my hair back this week, so much easier than spending time to tame all the flyaways. Ooo, let us know how the shake turns out! I hope you got some samples that you will like. I'm a little afraid of the pain wheatgrass flavor.

    laura - davinci syrup would be awesome in a shake. i'm all out though darnit! Chocolate hazelnut, hmm. Actually I might have a tiny bit of hazelnut syrup left in the back of the cupboard. If so, maybe I'll try that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...