Tuesday, July 14, 2009

muted

Early morning quiet. Nice.

Today feels a bit muted so far. I expect I'm in the sort of mood that would cause Cro to ask what is wrong. Nothing really.

We didn't turn on the dishwasher last night. Without a mixer to make my chocolate greens shake I fell back to a boring one-minute flaxseed muffin. It wasn't bad but it took some of the excitement out of conjuring up a new shake mixture. Oddly, the flax muffin was not as filling as the shakes have been. Anyway, I was planning to try some powdered egg whites, lemon extract and a touch of erythritol in a shake. The powdered egg whites may have provided a silky texture (I was thinking of how meringue is made from whipping egg whites). The erythritol would have lended a cooling effect. It may have tasted like lemon meringue pie maybe … who knows … I will try it soon.

Another work day with plenty to do but nothing extremely exciting. Exciting (and stressful) is just around the corner. I have a huge project starting in a couple of weeks and perhaps a second very large project starting at the same time.

Has anyone been watching a new program called "The Little Couple"? The wife is a pediatric doctor. She was explaining about the need to start one of the babies on a pic line because it had an brain infection and would need to be on intravenous antibiotics for a very long time. That of course was what my dad went through for several months.

I'm thinking about closing this blog when I hit 100 lbs lost. Don't worry, I'll send anyone who expresses interest info on whatever new project I move to. I just feel an urge to archive this part of the journey and move to fresh digs soon.

TwosDay [carbs][calories]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
BREAKFAST - 1.5carb/235cal
[1.5][235] one-minute flaxseed muffin
[0][0cal] green tea with stevia

LUNCH - 9.5carb/327cal
[6.5carb][300cal] 1/2 of a stuffed bell pepper (ground beef, mushroom, jalapeƱo, cheeses)
[3][27] 3 extra-large strawberries from the new guy's fruit bouquet (so cool to take part in an office treat!)

[0][0cal] green tea with stevia

DINNER - 6carb/495cal
[0carb][200cal] steak-ums

[1carb][100cal] 2oz pepper jack cheese
[1carb][140cal] 2oz cheddar cheese
[4carb][55cal] diced onions

TOTAL - 17carb/1057cal

6 comments:

  1. Sure, close it after you lose another 100 lbs. But fair warning, you're probably going to be underweight at that point. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, don't close yor blog. I SO enjoy reading it! So are powdered egg whites the same as like Wilton Meringue Powder (used for icing and cakes?) I bet it would make the texture nice if so. Let us know how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I've googled, meringue powder is made of dehydrated egg whites, sugar, a gum, corn starch, and a variety of stabilizers and flavoring agents.

    Powdered egg whites are made of just dehydrated egg whites. :) So no, not at all the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I close this blog it's not the end ... I'll be opening another one to chronicle the next 30 pounds or so. Beyond that point I'll probably start a maintenance blog. I can't imagine life without blogging. I'll certainly put everyone who has left a comment recently on my notification list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont you dare! im hooked, need my fix... like in that movie doc hollywood i need to hear about ellen and that pakistani fellow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a daily fix of Oct, so you have to clue me in to the name of your new blog.

    I am curious about the egg white powder too, can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...