Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the mysteries of charisma

I've been observing pedestrians more now that I have a longer drive to work. Especially when I get close to downtown where pedestrians actually flock. I made a judgment this morning that an overweight woman CAN look much better than a slim counterpart. It's in the presentation. Curvy, well-dressed and confident trumps straight, frumpy, and unapproachable.

This doesn't mean that I want to remain overweight, but it was an epiphany of sorts. No matter what my weight, I can be more attractive by dressing well and trying to manifest charisma. Charisma is something that comes natural to many and is difficult to learn I suppose. I think it starts by being comfortable in ones own skin. I suppose I'm improving in that regard but have leagues to go!

Another observation of this morning. My shadow is a hottie! The sun blessed me with a glimpse of longer legs than I actually possess in the real world. Thank you morning sun and your 2 dimensional power of flattering my all too 3 dimensional bod. :)

9 comments:

  1. confident curves beat skinny every time

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, charisma is generally a "you got it or you don't" quality, but confidence is something you've definitely got some say over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That old KISS song keeps going through my head now. *never mind that I liked KISS when I was a pre-teen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl you are soo pretty,i hope too have a more slim body eventually,you look great,stop by soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. finally found ya. whee. does anyone know where pooti's blog went ? or have an email address to contact her ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have little charisma and even less confidence (or vice versa) but I'm a cracker jack shadow puppet artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so true! i'm working on that whole comfortable in my skin thang too. cheers to having charisma sooner than later!

    that shadow is a fox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think confidence attributes itself to charisma so lets all just work on the confidence. :) Just don't get too much or you'll turn into an a-hole. >:o

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it takes confidence to be a cracker jack shadow puppet artist!

    On one of the first dates I had with Cro, we went to a childrens museum. At the museum I found a variety of puppets and put on an impromptu show for Cro. I think that he found it endearing ... I hope, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...