Thursday, August 20, 2009

blah

I'm a little depressed today.

I suppose it's partially the scale's fault ... or more accurately my fault for having close to 1100 calories yesterday. 177 blah. *sigh* I'll shoot for 800ish calories today. Carbs are fine. 36.5 yesterday.

Also at fault is ... *************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************
Okay, venting over, I don't feel any better and I'm deleting this. :P

It's just been a long week and there is still SO much to accomplish before the weekend. Also I logged in this morning to find a 1.5 hour meeting on today's schedule. So now I have 1.5 hours less to accomplish things (good thing that I come in early and planned to stay late due to Cro working 10-7 today). The meeting is regarding a VERY important project that has been put off by everyone for months. Since we have a hard deadline of October 1st, yeah, we definitely need to have a meeting.

It doesn't seem like Cro and I have seen much of each other all week and I miss him.

Not every day can be sun-blessed but it is thunderstorming today (really it is). Good thing I like thunderstorms (the real ones). Tomorrow is Friday and we can all look forward to that! Even if I end up having to work this weekend at least it will be the weekend.

HA - I just realized the root of my bad mood. Control. I thrive on it and things don't seem to be bending to my will today. Sort of like rounding a corner when the road is icy. Sometimes you've just got to grit your teeth and hang on.

*update, it's 7:40pm and I'm home ... Cro just got home too. Woot. Now I'm in a better mood and very much looking forward to Friday night to blow on by.

5 comments:

  1. Depressed? Okay, here goes...

    A man and a friend are playing golf one day at their local golf course. One of the guys is about to chip onto the green when he sees a long funeral procession on the road next to the course. He stops in mid-swing, takes off his golf cap, closes his eyes, and bows down in prayer.

    His friend says: “Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen. You truly are a kind man.”

    The man then replies: “Yeah, well we were married 35 years.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Oct!

    Remember: The scale is just a guide, not your identity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Oct, I'm so sorry it's been a tough week. I hope the weekend brings you sunny skies, time with your man and a visit from the whoosh fairy! Now that would be a weekend...giggle.
    Hang in there as the old kitty poster used to say.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. Yesterday was rough but now it's the weekend! Woot! Wishing you all a good one too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...